iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Netflix alert!!! Crash Course

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Netflix alert!!! Crash Course
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Just do a search. It is the very one with Jackee and Alyssa Milano and Tina Yothers!

Man this is awesome!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Crash Course (1988)

Great find Devo. "Crash Course" is an underrated goofy comedy. It has fun characters and a cute charm about it.

If you enjoy the tv movie "Dance 'Til Dawn", then you will probably enjoy this flick because both movies include Alyssa Milano, Brian Bloom, and Edie McClurg.

And I was never a huge Jackee fan, but she is outstanding in this movie. But for me the best find here is B.D. Wong who many will recognize from his long stint as Dr. Huang on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".

If you ever took Driver's Ed in high school and had to ride in the backseat while another student scaried you while they were behind the wheel... you will enjoy this movie.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! Never heard of this! Fantastic suggestion!! Kinda cool how there were all these ensemble cast tv movies made during the 80's with a mix of actors that you just don't see today!

Maybe we should start a list...

High School USA
Poison Ivy
Dance Til Dawn
Crash Course

Any others??..

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash Course was on Impacts channel ondemand for a long time.....I watched it and had remembered seeing it a long time ago......it's not bad hahaha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Crash Course aka Driving Academy last night.

Hmm, i don´t know. It was supersilly to the max and maybe i just wasn´t in the mood.
I found couple of good jokes but it looked very cheap and yes, i know that it was a made for tv flick.

I liked Jackee, Alyssa Milano´s hair and Ray Walston.
Mr. Hand had been promoted and he was now the principal of Hamilton High.
Once again i loved Olivia d'Abo, she´s one of the foxiest women on earth.
It was also nice to see Edie McClurg (she had two classic supporting roles in Hughes films earlier in the 80s)

The male teen lead Brian Bloom was kinda lame and i have to say the same about the rest of the cast.

It was great to see all the familiar faces among the cast but this was too predictable, silly and cheap.

Finnish VHS cover art
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man do I want to see poison ivy again!! Anyone know where to find it?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poison Ivy is a very good movie. I may have to rewatch it someday soon.

Poison Ivy VHS

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I liked Jackee, Alyssa Milano´s hair and Ray Walston.
I'm glad you gave Alyssa's hair its own credit. It deserved it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Definitely [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kept thinking this thread was about that 80s comedy starring pat morita (Mr miyagi) and jay Leno but that's collision course,I've watched that one before but have never seen this movie.

The alternate title driving academy sounds familiar,i'm not 100% but I've got a feeling it could have been released here in the u.k under that title.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yes, Is Poison Ivy ever on anything but VHS?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home