iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » need help with a movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help with a movie
Omar C
Rewind Curious
Member # 4585

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Omar C   Email Omar C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys.
the movie i'm trying to find i believe is a 90s but it could be an 80s one. from what i remember is, it's this brothers and sisters that have a rich dad and that he owns a building in ny i believe and that he wants to demolish it but the kids get thrown out of the house and they start living in the soon to be demolish house with a couple of friends. i think on of the sis is a painter on of the bros is an architect and i cant remember what the rest does but the father then turns poor and the kids find out and find him living in a box close to the river and bring him to the house and he starts to live with them and finds out he's better off poor because he hasn't spent that much time with his kids. i do remember i watch it a few times when i was a kid and would like to know the name of it to get me a copy. thanks

Posts: 7 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Where the Heart is':

IMDB Where the Heart is

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omar C
Rewind Curious
Member # 4585

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Omar C   Email Omar C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's not the movie. from what i can remember the actors where not a-class. they all knew each other by friends or family. also when the father turned poor, i can't remember how he went and found himself close to the hudson river i believe and went to the first box he found but there was someone in it and he had to go get another one. i do remember a seen in which the girl who was the artist in the group had an exhibition in the house, it was paintings with people with paint on there body in the portrait, like they where part of the piece as well. i also remember that they where thrown out of the house because they where not independent and they where immature. i do believe early 90s or late 80s.
Posts: 7 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omar C
Rewind Curious
Member # 4585

Rate Member
let me see what they did in the house. one was an architect or wall street, on was a designer, one was an artist/painter, one was a musician i'm not sure, one was an actor. i know there was more people with more careers but can't remember. the father was big time new york business man, don't know of what.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seem convinced it isn't the same film, but everything you describe is in it, so...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omar C
Rewind Curious
Member # 4585

Rate Member
sorry my bad. that is the movie i was looking for. when you gave me the title i searched it and it gave me a natalie portman movie. sorry but yes that's the movie. thank you very much. it took me over 8 years to find out what was it called. if you put where the heart is in google search a 2000 movies comes up. thats why i was saying that wasn't the one but now i see the link you put and that's the correct film.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Happiness and harmony [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home