iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » who thinks there should be a 80's movie convention?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who thinks there should be a 80's movie convention?
benny112004
Rewind Curious
Member # 9693

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for benny112004   Email benny112004   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to make this come true!!!!
Posts: 6 | From: NJ | Registered: May 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any convention involving the 80's would be great. Trinkets, toys and of course the music would be fun to drown in for a day also.

That is all.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a list of conventions that take place in U.S. That pertain to film and television?
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where precisely would this 80's film convention be held and moreover, what would it really involve?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benny112004
Rewind Curious
Member # 9693

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for benny112004   Email benny112004   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its should be every where.... i am going to search for it !!!!!!
Posts: 6 | From: NJ | Registered: May 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking the same thing for years now.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said this in another post, but, I have a vision that if I ever win hundreds of millions of dollars, I'd put on a big 80's movie/music convention....and pay for all Rewinders and one guest each to come. It'd be in nova Scotia, Canada of course, and I'd pay to have lots of celebrities to come. Soooooo,imagine watching the Karate Kid with Ralph Machio and Elizabeth Shue, The Goonies with most of the ensemble cast, Back to The Future with Michael J Fox....you get the picture. Evening entertainment and drinks would be while watching Cyndi Lauper, Huey Lewis, Billy Idol, Prince, and a re-united Culture Club....plus a few surprises! OK....who's signing up?!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for another opportunity to plug my 'density' .. Oh, what I meant to say was...

I'm Valley, Valleycat. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny!

Wow .. even I realize how sad that was.. I don't care .. I'm gonna strut anyway.

- (click for Tommy's face in 3-D)

Like Kev.. the only thing holding me back is a little thing called cash .. which I hope to resolve with my next Powerball lottery ticket! Or bartending in Jamaica mon! (JAY LEE shakes his head no)

-

Well, that is if I can ever pull myself away from the arcade at the vintage 80's style movie theater that Ronnie is planning on opening. I mean how cool would it be to combine the 80's Movie Network with the perfect reunion location in Ronnie's theater/arcade/skate palace for the 1st annual 'Back To The 80's' movie & music extravaganza! (sorry Kev.. if you win the lottery first.. your idea is still way awesome .. just work with me on my dream for now.. okay?) [Big Grin]

Oh and Muffy just announced that she is bringing her mom and apparently U2! Free 80's tattoos in the parking lot? [Smile]

[ 19. August 2011, 13:22: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey .. let's have some fun and each submit one film for the extravaganza!

While I'm tempted to go out on a limb and pick a different film with hopes someone will submit my fav.. I can't risk it.. so for me the obvious choice as always is:

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Where precisely would this 80's film convention be held and moreover, what would it really involve?

when you know the answers to these questions youll have yourself a convention - where to start ???
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we'll definitely have to invite john cusack so everytime one of us rewinder's spot's him we can shout "two dollars" at him and see if he blows his top!

"i'll give them bloody 2 dollars in a minute" [Mad] - mr cusack

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone get a gut feeling we'd have to kidnap a few of our favourite stars just to get them to attend!

i'd like to see jennifer connelly do a talk about phenomena a movie that's been reported she has a dislike off!

john cusack doing a talk on better off dead a movie that he's reported to also have a dislike off!

matthew causey from the party animal who is supposedly now a professor at a school in dublin ireland who is reported to get [Mad] at even the slightest mention of his film!

i'm just wondering do you think any of the paying guests would think it a bit strange if we had some of are attending celebs tied to there chairs!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
So I'm guessing that Devo (because he loves this movie) just took Warrior's reference as a vote to add:

-

as the second movie nominated! [Wink]

I have great story regarding one of the actors from this movie that I could share at the event as well. [Smile]

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can i third this vote please valley??
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
have great story regarding one of the actors from this movie that I could share at the event as well.
cough up the goods now please valley!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
quote:
have great story regarding one of the actors from this movie that I could share at the event as well.
cough up the goods now please valley!
Seconded.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
oooo the pressure to deliver is ON Valley.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine having an 80's convention without watching The Karate Kid...that reminds me....I'm still waiting for my Ralph Macchio autograph Valley!!!

In terms of budget, sadly, I think we could nab Ralph cheaper than......Jaden Smith!....ouch! I'm sure we could afford anyone who's been on Dancing With The Stars! And if Ralph couldn't come, I'd bet William Zabka would come for a free meal! OK...that was rude...sorry Willy Z.....

I'd be happy to donate, rather, loan, some of my 80's treasures as props to set the tone....Rubiks Cube, top loading VHS player, vintage ghetto blaster and cassette tapes, ET doll, Goonies trading cards, black phone with rotary dial (still works!), vintage sony walkman still in the box, and my Breakin' poster....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home