iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » You Can't Hurry Love (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Can't Hurry Love (1988)
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I was on Netflix and saw that The Virgin of Saint Francis a Crown International flick i'd saved is now on instant watch ....wooo hooo. Then I notice a movie in instant watch i'd never heard of from the 80's....You Can't Hurry Love?!

-

Does that poster not draw you in?

I watched it! and I kind of liked it.....enough to want to tell you all about it.

Bridget Fonda and Scott McGinnes....(nasty Steve Powers from Secret Admirer)....are stars.The movie has small cameos from Kristy McNichol, Sally Kellerman, Charles Grodin........and I noticed the lovely Kimberley Foster
 -

so the story goes......Ed gets dumped at the alter in Ohio........packs up and goes to visit his cuz Skip in LA, who house sits a plush house.....where they shoot nude photo shoots in the backyard. He gets a job, low on the totem pole for an ad agency........meets beautiful Peggy who works at a totally 80's video dating service. Ed tries to find love making many a videos with the personas to match. Finding unexpected love......ewwwww awwwww.

Guys it's bad but in a good way....if you like 80's movies, stylized 80's LA, some freaking good songs on the sdtrk:

Word Up, Addicted to Love, Van Morrison's Wild Night, You Can't Hurry Love-Phil Collins and Sally Kellerman sings a song at the end I'd Lie to you for Your Love (I really liked it).......Bridget Fonda was just so dang cute.

I took some screenshots to entice you all.....haha

Has anyone seen it?

-

-

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've heard of this one muffy but never seen it,i've just watched the trailer http://www.videodetective.com/movies/trailers/you-cant-hurry-love-trailer/1949 to it for the first time and i think it looks a lot of fun!
i'd like to see this one!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had caught this film when it aired on TV Guide Network back in summer of 2009 and it's not that bad.
Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had caught this film when it aired on TV Guide Network back in summer of 2009 and it's not that bad.
Posts: 4124 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, this is a movie that I wanted to be better than it turned out to be for me. Haven't seen it in years, so I'm definitely going to give it another chance.. maybe the years will let me see it in a new way.

The cast alone makes it worth watching at least once though. Great screen grab with Kristy McNichol.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this movie in the discount movie all the time, but have always passed....you may have given me the push I needed Muffy. Of course, now that I kinda want it....it will be gone!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might check this one out too. Thanks Muffy [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics, Muffy!

It´s been a while since the last time i watched it
but i remember that it is a sympathetic little romantic comedy.
Definitely needs a rewatch. I loooove Kristy McNichol!

Finnish VHS cover art:

-

[ 12. February 2015, 02:39: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

This is a movie that I used to love as a kid. I think it had more to do with the execution of the movie then the whole concept. It was building on the whole "video dating" scene. (Also done a bit in Singles.) It hasn't really been done again since You Got Mail. Has no one made a movie about meeting socially because of Facebook? Seems odd.

It's worth a view or two. I like it, but it is predictable.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Kristy McNichol too Atomik!! Did you see Just the Way you Are? I hope you did....or hunted it down.

For those of you who haven't seen it.....I still have to warn you it's not the best movie ever.....it's just entertaining 80's cheese I hadn't seen before?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love Kristy McNichol too Atomik!! Did you see Just the Way you Are? I hope you did....or hunted it down.

For those of you who haven't seen it.....I still have to warn you it's not the best movie ever.....it's just entertaining 80's cheese I hadn't seen before?

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for bringing this one out of the shadows Muffy! I started watching it late last night via Netflix but fell asleep. What I saw was amusing enough. I will watch it in its entirety soon! Great music & awesome to see Kristy McNichol pop up!

As for Just The Way You Are, I have such a soft spot for this movie! I always watch it during the depths of winter! Great cast including Rob Caradine & Kahki Hunter. I love the scene where Kristy's out & meets the hot guy at the club & he drags her out to the dancefloor & Frida's "I Know There's Something Going On" is playing! Chills everytime!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home