iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite Zombie Flicks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Zombie Flicks
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deadly friend was a really fun 80s horror movie ,not quite elm street but still very underated!
if only wes cravens latest stuff (not seen scream 4 so can't comment on that) was half as entertaining as this one we'd be alright!

return of the living dead's got to be top of the list for me also,prince of darkness and night of the creeps not far behind!

would like to see shockwaves(1977) which was directed by ken wiederhorn,watched (1981) slasher eyes of a stranger the other day which was also directed by ken wiederhorn and the victim near the begining was watching shockwaves on tv and it looks quite creepy!

come to think of it ken wiederhorn also directed return of the living dead 2 - i see there's not much love on here for that one! [Big Grin]

[ 12. July 2011, 03:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior..

Another "Deadly Friend" fan! [Cool]

-

I actually enjoy "The Return of the Living Dead: Part II".. but comparing it to the original is no contest. The sequel was unable to match the chemistry of the actors from the first film. Still a fun movie though.

It was hilarious to see James Karen and Thom Mathews back for part two, though obviously in different though similar type roles.  Thom even makes a funny comment about it that fans of the original will enjoy.  Also, great to see an 80's horror fav Suzanne Snyder as Thom's girlfriend.

My fav characters were actually played by Marsha Dietlein and Dana Ashbrook.  

And definitely trackdown Helen's "Shock Waves" suggestion.. as long as you're not afraid of the water. Wait, you might be after watching it! ha.. the underwater zombie shots are way creepy.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, yes those shots are so good [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s one "zombie" flick i like very much:

One Dark Night (1983)
Starring Meg Tilly, Melissa Newman, Robin Evans and Elizabeth Daily.
It was even called "Zombies - The Demons of the Night" here [Smile]

One Dark Night trailer

-

[ 22. June 2015, 02:50: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik I want to see that now!! Tilly and Daily?!

I'm taking a bunch of the newer Ronnie recos to heart today also........when I go to my fav vhs store [Smile]

I love zombie movies!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dawn of the dead and shawn of the dead.

i may have said zombieland but only because of woody harrelson,

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and return of the living dead
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent almost my entire Sunday watching zombie movies in honor of all the suggestions on this thread.

Started the day off with a movie that Ronnie mentioned that I just love love now:

-

and this 80's song means even more to me after watching "Dance of the Dead" today:

The movie had a cover version, but this tune is totally on my mind!

If you enjoy comedy/horror.. definitely check this movie out!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here's the rest of my day:

Brain Dead 2007

Night of the Living Dead Part 2

Neon Maniacs

Zombie Strippers

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

Shock Waves

and finally.. I might go to sleep watching:

One Dark Night

[ 17. July 2011, 18:52: Message edited by: Valley ]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

This isn't a movie and definitely not from the 80's... but who else is excited about season 2 of the AMC tv series "The Walking Dead"?

Actually .. ha.. to no surprise.. Ronnie reminded me to put the Sunday October 16th season 2 premiere on the calendar.

-

For anyone who is still in the dark .. "The Walking Dead" is based on the graphic novels by Robert Kirkman. And while I've never read them, I have to think that the AMC tv series is doing a decent job of showing the novels due justice. I say this because the tv series is surprising shocking and quite suspenseful in my opinion. The first episode is just so good and sets the tone.

If you have Directv and missed out on this show on the first run.. now is your chance to catch up with it being available on demand at the moment. If you enjoy gory zombie flicks in the style of "Night of the Living Dead" .. you definitely should check this show out! [Cool]

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is one of my favorites:

-

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
For any of you Netflix junkies waiting until October to start watching scary movies .. I want to alert you that "Dance of the Dead" is only available on instant watch until this Saturday October 1st.

Ronnie brought it up in her Zombie ramble and I want to highly recommend it as well.

I saw a review on the internet recently that described "Dance of the Dead" as: 'John Hughes meets the Return of the Living Dead'. Obviously, it can't quite match those expectations, but it gives you an idea of the premise.

So if you were thinking about giving it a try.. time is running out it seems.

[ 27. September 2011, 09:03: Message edited by: Valley ]

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Zombies are the new Vampires..."-True Blood (quote from a recent episode)

Ooh, I like this topic...for me, very simple, Creeps & Comet.

Didn't really think about Deadly Friend...in fact, I should probably check this one out again.

And Valley, the cover art alone of Dance of the Dead has me sold! Never heard of this movie but I'm adding it to my Netflix asap! Thanks!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another plug to the ones already here for two excellent, but obscure, foreign zombie films. "Zeder," a/k/a "Revenge of the Dead," a/k/a "Voices from the Darkness," an Italian film, was directed by the great Pupi Avati. It has no blood, but atmosphere to burn and is incredibly creepy. Stephen King likes it too. (I've always wondered whether "Pet Semetary," especially the ending, is an intentional homage to "Zeder." It sure looks like it.) "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie," a/k/a "Don't Open the Window," a/k/a "Breakfast at Manchester Morgue, a/k/a "The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue," a Spanish/Italian co-production, was director Jorge Grau's homage to the original "Night of the Living Dead." By contrast, it's a very gory and nasty zombie film where the noise of the zombies is just great sound design. "Zeder" was originally released in a really crummy transfer from Image, and "Let Sleeping Corpses" is on BluRay as "Living Dead..." from Blue Underground. Check them out. You won't be disappointed by these two very different zombie films.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A movie I like, although it might not be so scary is ... The Midnight Hour from 1985
Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, I want to see Dance of the Dead soon. Just watched the trailer, because it's been awhile for me..

Dance Trailer

Deadly Friend is on my list for Halloween flicks to watch. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting confused...Dance of the Dead...is this an 80's movie?

I went to add it on Netflix but it says 2008...and the cover art is completely different...

Huh?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, Dance Of The Dead is from 2008. Netflix has a different cover than the one Valley posted. It has 3 teens, one with a tuxedo on and it says Ghost House on the side of it. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sorry for the confusion Cindy.. this thread started with 80's movies such as "The Return of the Living Dead" and "NotC".. then evolved from there to all decades Zombie.

-

My posting above contains the movie poster from "Dance of the Dead" which does look so 80's at first glance... almost "Night of the Creeps" style wise.

Below is the DVD cover that Ronnie mentioned above:

-

The DVD contains several extras that I can't wait to dig into later this month.

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Okay, thanks Ronnie & Valley...yep, that's the one I saw on Netflix & was unsure about.

Still worth a watch even though it's "new" horror?
Okay, I trust ya'll.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Return of the Living Dead is also my favourite.

- -- BRAINS! Live brains!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
So I finally got around to watching Deadly Friend in it's entirety & I liked it. Not sure how Wes Craven went from Freddy to the Samantha character...a beautiful blonde girl w lots o' blue eyeshadow?!?...Nevertheless it has it's place. The neighborhood & houses used was cool but could have been shot a little more creepy in my opinion. I was not prepared for the level of gore in some scenes, hence that basketball death! Wow!!! Guess it made up for Miss Swanson's beauty that almost overshadowed her evilness! Oh and the ending when he opens the drawer, didn't see it going that way...kinda odd right?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home