iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » your top 5 charles band produced 80s flicks! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: your top 5 charles band produced 80s flicks!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never seen slave girls before atomik but it looks pretty awesome!

atomik have you ever seen this full moon production from 1992

-

dr mordrid directed by charles and albert band and starring reanimator's jeffrey combs.

if so was it any good?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own Doctor Mordrid vhs tape and iŽll try to find some time and watch it later this week.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched David schmoeller's 1988 horror - catacombs for the first time ever yesterday,starring class of 1984s Timothy van patten who looks a lot different here as an apprentice priest in what I think might have been one of his very last major acting roles before he went into the world of directing.

-

This 1988 horror which boasts some really great location shooting in umbria Italy as well as Rome starts of really strongly with a tense battle between some priests and a demon in these catacombs way below a monastery but then soon drops off radically in pace for the remainder of the film before picking up for what I thought was a slightly disappointing showdown where timothy van patten gets to go head to head with the demon creature.

-
Known as curse 4 in some territories just to cash in on the popular curse series of films at the time.

Mixed feelings about this one in general as I thought it was really well shot using some beautiful location spots and has a pretty cool pino donaggio music score plus there's great performances from all the cast and it features some quite controversial dialogue which will get you thinking to yourself did he just say what I think he did and then rewinding it to double check plus a scene which originally upset the Brit censors http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106636/alternateversions?ref_=ttfc_ql_trv_5 where a reanimated Jesus gets down off a cross and stabs one of the priests to death.

-

The major downside I'd think for most people would be the pacing as it sure does move at a laid back pace at times and you could just imagine how much more fun things would have been if it had moved at a slightly zippier pace and when the demon does show up for the final confrontation he does nothing more than dish out a few hardy slaps to the priests which all felt a bit underwhelming really!

Not to bad overall but still a bit of a disappointment especially when compared to schmoeller's other directorial efforts such as crawlspace and puppet master.

https://youtu.be/zeUTn6dht5Y catacombs (1988) trailer.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home