iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best movies set in the '80s? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best movies set in the '80s?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HavenŽt seen it but i trust you guys. The blu-ray seems to be 7,5 euros here so iŽm getting it.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam Rockwell. Steals. Every. Movie. That. He's. In. I read an interview where he said that he was trying to channel Bill Murray in "Meatballs." He succeeded brilliantly. I only wish that there would have been more of him in the film. I could've done with less of the "Steve Carell as Mom's evil boyfriend" stuff.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
HavenŽt seen it but i trust you guys. The blu-ray seems to be 7,5 euros here so iŽm getting it.

You can trust me atomik,did I lie to you when I told you Leonard part 6 was the best 80s movie ever made.

No I reckon chances are mate you would definitely like it,it's a really good movie.

PS. To everyone the bit about leonard part 6 was a joke by the way,honest!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owning Mahowny
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw McFarland. It was set in 1987.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen Everybody Wants Some!!! (2016) from Richard Linklater?

"A group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood."

IŽd like to see this one, lots of cool tunes on the soundtrack.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Anyone seen Everybody Wants Some!!! (2016) from Richard Linklater?

"A group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood."

IŽd like to see this one, lots of cool tunes on the soundtrack.

-

No not seen it yet Atomik but would definitely like to,hits Blu Ray/DVD here in the UK this coming Monday the 19th September.

Reading very mixed reviews so I don't know what to expect but like you say the soundtrack's got some cool numbers on it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a good one.. Trust me !

But -as always- it's going to be released on a no-name label here in Holland, probably with lousy sleeve design,
none of the extra's of the US and UK release ported over, and in a worst case scenario, non-removable Dutch subs. [Frown]

I will be getting the UK blu-ray instead.. definitely !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite modern '80's-era film (not actually filmed in the '80's, but set during that decade) is definitely Sandler's "The Wedding Singer" (1998). It came out less than 10 years after the '80's had ended, and was definitely one of the first "'80's nostalgia" films. It truly captured the '80's to a great extent.

Also liked the cameo of Billy Idol (on the airplane) towards the end of the film - nice homage, since his music was huge during the '80's era.

"Take Me Home Tonight" is probably my second '80's-era film. Excellent film, which really brought back memories of the '80's time period & the films from that era as well. The music was amazing & nostalgic - Duran Duran, The Buggles, etc. However, possibly my favorite song was the cover of the iconic '80's hit "Don't you Want me Baby" by Atomic Tom, that they played over the credits...this was as good as the original version by "The Human League", and far better than most cover songs I've heard.

And, I can't be the only one that thought the actress who played Tori Fredericking strongly resembled a blonde Kirsten Stewart...to the extent than I actually thought she was KS at first.

It's too bad this film was on hold for so long - by the time it was released in 2011, the whole "80's nostalgia" craze that we saw in the 200X's was already fading away. IMHO it would have been better received if it had come out in 2007/2008, as originally planned....that being said, it was still a great film.

[ 06. October 2016, 12:41: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home