iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies disturb you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What movies disturb you?
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Saw that you just bought Cruising..... talk about disturbing [Eek!]

But a good film, nonetheless!

I just watched this last year, I was on a Pacino kick........and seriously, it was disturbing and quite good! [Smile]

gotta agree on Blue Velvet and River's Edge.

Well, one thing's for sure, you'll definitely have a gay ole' time watching it [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a kid i was disturbed by several horror-comedies..
I just didn't get the black humour at that age.
Films include Evil Dead, Fright Night, and
especially Return of the Living Dead.

At a more mature age, i would say Dead Ringers.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orwell76
Rewind Curious
Member # 9832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orwell76   Email Orwell76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Less Than Zero disturbed me. I'm not sure exactly what it was about the movie, but I refuse to watch it a second time.

I think Less Than Zero is pretty cool movie...
The "follow on" Informer is very good too...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hooligomy
Rewind Curious
Member # 9837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hooligomy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when I was younger like Howard the Duck.. Just recently went back and watched it. Oh my that movie is bad.. It is now on the disturbed list for me..
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooligomy.. that was funny!

I know "Howard The Duck" is a cult classic, but it is just bizarre. I've watched it a few times hoping to change my opinion.. but I can't even give it a 'so bad, it's good' rating. I will say that Lea Thompson is 80's styling in it though.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valley i had howard the duck on my rental list listed as high priority in the order of dispatch, i've never seen it before and just wanted to watch it out of curiositys sake,i'm always one to make up my own opinion of a movie but after reading yours and atomiks less than glowing reviews of it and a few others dubbing it howard the turkey i must admit it has now dropped down my list a fair old way! [Big Grin]

[ 02. July 2011, 17:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior.. please still watch it sometime.. "Howard The Duck" is a cult classic and some people just adore it. You definitely need to at least watch it once to know what all the fuss is about.

There is a ton of cool 80's fashion in it and Howard is a nice guy. ha

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home