iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Adventures of Milo & Otis (1989)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Adventures of Milo & Otis (1989)
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Adventures of Milo & Otis (1989)
 -

Well, this is definitely a film that can kill an hour and a half of a boring rainy day. The Best way to describe this movie is to say that it's like a box full of Hallmark Cards come to life. Or maybe a nature show on Animal Planet. Heck, I've even heard it described also as sort of a prequel to the movie "Babe." I guess there's many ways to try and describe this movie. I had seen this movie once before back when it first came out. I didn't think much of it then, and my views haven't really changed much watching it again now. Dudley Moore's Narritive in this film is easily the highlight, and it makes an otherwise pretty mundane story interesting in a way. And to be fair, this movie does have a good collection of great scenic and nature shots throughout. But overall, this movie is definitely more for the kiddies. But I can also see any abid animal lover enjoying this one too.

[ 25. May 2011, 12:10: Message edited by: The Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very nice family film, even without a human actor in it; not quite a masterpiece, but slightly above the curve and with bonus points for an original presentation. Yes, Moore's narration is terrific (best line: "Not the old Puss in Boots trick!" when Otis figures out Milo's latest hiding place).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this one since then.....but you know what kills me every time I hear the name.....was the big new story that they killed animals filming it? do you guys remember that? Was it ever proved true? I'll have to look that one up......since that it was sorta gone from my memory.........i'll give it a watch.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home