iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Songs Forever Connected to Movies (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Songs Forever Connected to Movies
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Moon - An American Werewolf in London

Sweet Emotion - Dazed and Confused

I Can Dream About you - Streets of Fire

You Could Be Mine - Terminator 2

There's No Stoppin' Us - Breakin'

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The End - Apocalypse Now

This Must Be The Place - Wall Street

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mess Around - Planes Trains and Automobiles (that song get's me pumped when I hear it and I instantly do the air piano to it!!)

Land of a Thousand Dances - Great Outdoors - How can you not think of Uncle Roman!

Good Enough (Cindy Lauper) - Goonies, totally.

Holiday Road - Vacation, everytime but I also get really excited hearing "Christmas Vacation" at the begening of Christmas Vacation! Haha.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Love Touch" by Rod Stewart - Legal Eagles
"Meet Me Half Way" by Kenny Loggins - Over the Top
"After All" by Cher and Peter Cetera - Chances Are

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Time of My Life (Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes) & Hungry Eyes (Eric Carmen) - Dirty Dancing

Tenderness (General Public) - Weird Science

Axel F (Harold Faltermeyer) - Beverly Hills Cop

Do You Hear What I Hear? (Johnny Mathis) - Gremlins

Rock This Town (The Stray Cats) & Li'l Red Riding Hood (Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs) - Private School

Stand and Deliver (Mr. Mister) - Stand and Deliver

Moondance (Van Morrison) - An American Werewolf in London

Back in Time (Huey Lewis and the News) - Back to the Future

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach:
Do You Hear What I Hear? (Johnny Mathis) - Gremlins

Yes, I can't hear the song without expecting it to go off where it does in the film haha
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I totally would think of Gremlins every time I heard that song too....I guess from lack of watching the movie lately I forgot about that.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant Buy Me Love...Cant Buy Me Love
Blitzkrieg Pop.....National Lampoons Vacation
Gloria.............The Outsiders
Power of Love......Back to the Future

DedododoDedadada &
Open Arms..........Last American Virgin

Summertime Girls &
One Night Love Affair..Real Genius

Tracks of My Tears..Platoon

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing that came to mind was Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild from Easy Rider..
but when it comes to 80's movies, i would
definitely go for Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
(from Rocky 3).. that song kinda became the
anthem for the whole Rocky-series, i guess.
Probably the song is still being played
everywhere Sly is invited to talk about Rocky.

I got some more for you.. how about these :

- The Glory of Love by Peter Cetera
(from The Karate Kid 2)

- Coming Around Again by Carly Simon
(from Heartburn)

- Flashdance (What a Feeling) by Irene Cara
(from.. well, you know...)

By the way.. I'm new here. So, hello to everyone ! :-)

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, welcome to the board [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Hey, welcome to the board [Smile]

Thank you ! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FOXY LADY.....BETTER OFF DEAD(the mailman scene)

EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD..... RAZORBACK(it was actually a character singing it driving down the road)

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Masquerade" (Berlin) - Perfect
"Nobody's Fool" (Kenny Loggins) - Caddyshack II
"Live to Tell" (Madonna) - At Close Range
"Only the Young" (Journey) - Vision Quest
"Pet Sematary" (The Ramones) - Pet Sematary

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orwell76
Rewind Curious
Member # 9832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Orwell76   Email Orwell76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is Love : Electric Dreams
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Hey, Bernie. It's not Scorsese's best movie nor is it Newman's best performance either. In fact, what I remember the movie for--apart from Zevon's "Werewolves"--is that it was the year that the great Bob Hoskins in "Mona Lisa," a better performance, was positively doomed to lose to Newman for the Best Actor Oscar. Some folks even cynically suggest that "The Color of Money" was just a set-up Oscar nomination grab for Newman. (I read the same thing about Jodie Foster in "Nell" when that came out.) I don't think so, but Newman was much better in "The Verdict," for example. That's the unfairness of the Academy Awards. The membership has this goofy attitude that if it's your time--that is, you are a well-liked crony, and you've lost before--you win, no matter that it's not your best work. Hence, Scorsese's win for "The Departed," Denzel Washington for "Training Day," etc.

Yeah as good as Training Day was and as good as Denzel was in it, his performance in The Hurricane was better. Just like how Russell Crowe won for Gladiator, but I thought A Beuatiful Mind was a lot better.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
you know crash, they dont play enough zevon on the radio these days, i love werewolves of london.

bonnie tyler - holding out for a hero, i think of who's harry crumb.

Funny, I think they used that in Footloose too, when they're racing. That's what I usually think of, or the scene in Short Circuit 2 when Johnny 5 is chasing the bad guy.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
Cant Buy Me Love...Cant Buy Me Love
Blitzkrieg Pop.....National Lampoons Vacation
Gloria.............The Outsiders
Power of Love......Back to the Future

DedododoDedadada &
Open Arms..........Last American Virgin

Summertime Girls &
One Night Love Affair..Real Genius

Tracks of My Tears..Platoon

Agree with these too. Didn't XTC do the song Summertime Girls? I'd also add:

Got to be Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne makes me think of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, when Stacey loses her virginity.

Hooligomy
Rewind Curious
Member # 9837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hooligomy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You're the Best" - Karate Kid
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthony33:
[QUOTE] Didn't XTC do the song Summertime Girls?

No, Anthony33, they didn't. A check of the Real Genius soundtrack will show that Summertime Girls was performed by Y&T.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
That's it. Y&T. I was watching the video for that on Youtube recently. I knew it was something with 2 or 3 letters in it, thanks. I'd also go with Phil Oakley's Together in Electic Dreams with Giorgio Moroder for the Electric Dreams soundtrack.

Speaking of You're the Best, Opie and Anthony used that on their radio show whenever their head of security entered the studio, since he was some kind of martial arts bleck belt. I also just saw a South Park episode where they used the song. The funny think about the episode was the kids were trying to lose at little league baseball because they didn't want to continue playing all summer long in the playoffs, classic.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Y&T Summertime Girls is an excellent video, check it out when you get the chance. Lots of Eye Candy
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Slow Hand in Just one of the Guys.
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's only :
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax / Body Double
Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet / Blue Velvet
The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat / Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me / The Breakfast Club
Yello - Oh Yeah / The Secret of My Success (and Ferris Bueller)
Bob Seger - Old Time Rock and Roll - Risky Business
Blondie - Call Me / American Gigolo
Neil Young - Hey Hey, My My / Out of the Blue
Buddy Holly - Everyday / Stand By Me

And, although it's not a movie, Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight / Miami Vice

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobby Brown - On Our Own from Ghostbusters II.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the__wizard
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10993

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the__wizard   Email the__wizard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never ending story
labyrinth soundtrack
breakfast club dont you forget about me
st elmo's fire
lost boys soundtrack

so many [Smile]

Posts: 13 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home