iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who did the best in the 80's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who did the best in the 80's
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Jay Lee, I think it was Nes though I might be mistake. It seems like the game closest to my memory is Astyanax. But when I watch the gameplay it doesn't quite seem right.

I remember a knight armed with a sword, trying to rescue his woman from an evil monster. And there being alot of cutscenes similar to Astyanax. It seems like I remember one of the monsters being a large green beast who broke through a wall. In my memory the graphics seemed more like SNES. I think I remember that when I rented it, Bram Stoker's Dracula had just come out to video, and the video store clerck was playing it on the television. So it could have been 1993, not sure when SNES came out.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think that I might be mixing Astyanax, Stryder and others together in my memory.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Also on Astyanax, there is a boss who seems familiar. A large grey beast with a pink head.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, im mostly versed in snes. And it came out in '91, but they continued to crank out nes games for about two years or so after. Man there were alot of those fantasy/knight/medieval games out for both??? [Confused]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Yeah, I know. And it seems no matter how many playthroughs I watch on Youtube I can't find anything that quite looks like what I remember.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume you've ruled out obvious ones, like Act Raiser?
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone will need to start a thread about retro games.

We can chat about classics like 1942, Raiden, Elevator Action and more.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
root beer tapper, burger time, marble madness
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

Someone already did.

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000767

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe video games can have their own board-like culture and television. I for one would love posting on it [Smile] There's a guy on youtube called 'angry video game nerd' that does these hilarious reviews on all the old nes/snes (plus other systems and even movies). Tons of profanity though.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick Moranis

1983: Strange Brew
1984: Streets of Fire
1984: Ghostbusters
1986: Little Shop of Horrors
1986: Club Paradise
1987: Spaceballs
1989: Ghostbusters II
1989: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
1989: Parenthood

Posts: 4119 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Yeah it's not Actraiser. I own Actraiser, it seems like I played this game before Actraiser.
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Looks like Moranis was busy in 89. You know 89 was a really good year for movies. Batman, Lethal Weapon 2 my personal favorite of the series, The Burbs.
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 pages and no mention of Tom Cruise yet? I'll admit he's lost his rocker in the past decade and hasn't made any good movies recently, but in the '80s and '90s he did some great work. Here's a quick sampling of his '80s output to give an idea of how much range he had as an actor:

Taps (1981)
The Outsiders (1983)
Risky Business (1983)
All the Right Moves (1983)
Top Gun (1986)
The Color of Money (1986)
Cocktail (1988)
Rain Man (1988)
Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
Days of Thunder (1990 - counts as an '80s movie in my book since it was filmed in 1989).

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pick for the women is Michelle Pfeiffer

1980: The Hollywood Knights
1982: Grease 2
1983: Scarface
1985: Into the Night
1985: Ladyhawke
1986: Sweet Liberty
1987: The Witches of Eastwick
1988: Married to the Mob
1988: Tequila Sunrise
1988: Dangerous Liaisons
1989: The Fabulous Baker Boys

[ 30. July 2015, 14:12: Message edited by: Leo Logan ]

Posts: 4119 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christopher Walken:

1989 Communion

1988 Homeboy

1988 Puss in Boots

1988 Biloxi Blues

1988 The Milagro Beanfield War

1987 Witness in the War Zone

1986 At Close Range

1985 A View to a Kill

1983 The Dead Zone

1983 Brainstorm

1981 Pennies from Heaven

1980 The Dogs of War

1980 Heaven's Gate

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pyromantic:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

Someone already did.

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000767

Thanks Pyro. I 'm retarded. I can't believe I forgot. Great memory these days.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would add legend to the cruise list
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Leo Logan you forgot Into the Night for Michelle Pfeiffer one of my favorites of hers.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
good call jack i missed that one!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
If you like Into The Night that's great.

Films are art and are definitely either more or less aesthetically pleasing from person to person, so it's all cool, but I just can't get into the movie. I couldn't even sit all the way through it.

I will say that Michelle Pfeiffer is one of the most gorgeous ladies I have ever seen. Her eyes are magnificent. She was kinda anorexic in Scarface though.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Kathleen Turner

1981: Body Heat
1983: The Man with Two Brains
1984: Romancing the Stone
1984: Crimes of Passion
1985: Prizzi's Honor
1985: The Jewel of the Nile
1986: Peggy Sue Got Married
1988: Switching Channels
1988: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (voice of Jessica Rabbit)
1988: The Accidental Tourist
1989: The War of the Roses

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
john candy

uncle buck
planes trains automobiles
armed and dangerous
spaceballs
volunteers
splash
the last polka(what i have seen on youtube is enough for this to qualify in my opinion)
stripes
the great outdoors
hot to trot/heavy metal (counting voice work)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Emilio Estevez

1983: The Outsiders
1983: Nightmares
1984: Repo Man
1985: The Breakfast Club
1985: St. Elmo's Fire
1985: That Was Then, This Is Now
1986: Maximum Overdrive
1986: Wisdom
1987: Stakeout
1988: Young Guns

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love That Was Then, This is Now. The ending is a bit weak though.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home