iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I got a list for you to work on....Top 5 Guilty Pleasure 80s Movies (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I got a list for you to work on....Top 5 Guilty Pleasure 80s Movies
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2. Why I keep watching. Again, one of those movies as a kid I've seen dozens of times, a time of my youth that I didn't worry about what others thought...OK...I still don't really care.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmBAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! LMAO @ Kev...ohhhh my stomach hurts! Kev you know your my bro and i think your a rightous dude....but Annie...ahhh god lov ya...Martika was in that film you know.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
2. The Jazz Singer (1980)
3. Yor, the Hunter from the Future (1983)
4. Body Rock (1984)
5. Sheena (1984)

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooo..I'm bumping this old thread just because after re-reading through everyone's great posts. I come to realize it's one of my favs on here.

So, I'll go ahead and throw another on here since I'm bumping this for good measure.

I'm stepping out of the 80's just by a hair for this next one.

Madhouse (1990)
 -

Just caught this one again recently when it played on one of the Encore channels. This was one I remember liking back in the day. Can't say it still holds the same spark it once did, but it was still fun to watch again.

1. Why it sucks (to the general public)?
Again, like my first pick back on page 1, (UHF), this is another of those off-the-wall kind of comedies that most general viewers will just dismiss as dumb. But if you are a fan of these kind of screwball flicks, then there's a good chance you'll like this one.

2. Why I keep watching?
While I may not be as much of a fan of the screwball comedies as I once was. There are still some like this one that still are passable as funny to me. This one came out in 1990, so I think it still has a good amount of that 80's hangover feel to it that too many films after tried a little "too" hard to preserve. Overall, there are a lot of dumb and cheesy moments in this movie with some pretty mediocre acting to boot. But it still has that nostalgic charm that keeps me watching.

3. Highlight Moment:
Hmmmm? That's hard to say for this one. The whole movie is pretty much like one long running gag. So it's hard to pick a highlight moment. I did always get a kick of how that damn cat never stayed dead though..lol

[ 17. March 2013, 10:17: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to narrow it down some to not only guilty for mainstream audiences. Most of our favorite films are ridiculed. Instead, I'm having to pick some that 80s obsessed nuts who love "License to Drive" like me might be guilty about admitting they like them.

1. Ultrawarrior

(Starring Dack Rambo and Meshach Taylor...
Watchout for the underground mutants that force their women to "work menial underpaid jobs..." A movie with messages!)

-

2. Voyage of the Rock Aliens

(While much of the movie is laugh-at-able - I sincerely enjoy much of Rhema's music - It's that cheerful newwave that makes any day a winner! Plus, Craig Sheffer... dreamboat badboy posing with a drugged-up mountain lion!)

-

3. The Double O Kid

(I used to own a screener copy of this where it would be interrupted by ads asking video stores to buy the value pack (something like 6 copies of the film) and praying Blockbuster would do it. Wallace Shawn saves the day!)

-
4. Rock and Roll High School Forever

(So many reasons to hate this film, but yet you can't - it's so pitiful... yet so fun! Boomshakalakaraka!)

-

5. Communion / Dreamscape (Combo!)

(Snakeman? or the Walken? I would love a crossover film... The fun thing I just realized while typing this is that the author of Communion had a radio show called DreamLAND! Crossover title has been confirmed... Countdown to filming... magic begins in... 5,4,3,2 - Ahhh! Greys sticking needles in your face! Ahh! Snakeman hiss attack!)

-

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty
Rewinder
Member # 8315

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
Hey how do I attach a picture to my posts anyone?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marty,
Below the message box, click "Fully Reply Form".
Then you should be some more buttons below, including one for "Image". Click that and post the URL of the Image you would like to post. Note that you can't UPLOAD images, only link to ones that exist elsewhere on the net.
Best,
-BCR

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading all these in depth posts on these "bad" movies just makes me want to watch them all all over again. Looks like "Staying Alive" and "Sing" got some of the best responses. But since I feel no guilt because I do love most "bad" 80's movies, I'd like to give my thanks to everyone here for these great picks and suggestions. You all rock!
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My top three guilty pleasure movies:

1) Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
I hear many people say it's "One of the worst movies of all time!" Well, actually I'm going to have to disagree with that. I think this film is great.

2) Troll (1986)
The film probably isn't the best, but when I watched it with my friend we both thought it was very entertaining.

3) Stepfather II: Make Room For Daddy (1989)
This film managed to keep me hooked. Jonathan Brandis did a fantastic job. I know it's a sequel to the original Stepfather, but I actually liked this movie. Terry O'Quinn did a great job, too!

I couldn't think of a top five!

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home