iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help with a name

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with a name
Fairie
Rewind Curious
Member # 9584

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fairie   Email Fairie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this film but not any one in it.

The plot is...Kids living in a school like setting inside because there is no sunshine any more. They can look out the window and see rain all the time. The children live with a teacher and they have to take sun baths every day (I remember the sun baths as a scene at the beginning). None of them except one girl remembers the sun. But one day the sun shines and they all get to go out and play. Because this girl always says she remembers the sun and the flowers they lock her in and she misses the 1 hour of sunshine.

Totally depressing from my adult memory but I would love to find it again. It left a lasting impression about how we should take care of the world and others.

Just found another 80's stonker! Somewhere Tomorrow with Sara Jessica Parker

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 2 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know this one...but someone will....I always wondered about Somehwere Tomorrow think it's just a tv movie haha a stonker eh? [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fairie..

The movie you seek is called:

All Summer In Day (1982)

Just an awesome little tv movie with Keith Coogan playing a brat. I watched it as a kid and it totally stuck with me through the years.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy!

All Summer In A Day - watch now

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME! Valman..........never heard of it and I love Keith Coogan!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If I were elected I would a build a science fiction library featuring an A-Z of *all* the greats; Asimov, Clarke..."
"What about Ray Bradbury?"
"I'm aware of his work!"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I just watched it .. Keith Coogan is great in it! He is so young.. wow.. 5 years before "Adventures In Babysitting"
Fairie
Rewind Curious
Member # 9584

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fairie   Email Fairie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Amazing! Thank you SO much! My mom will be blown away too, she even remembers it.

I watched Somewhere Tomorrow last night (youtube), after i posted this and it was great.

Both these films seem to carry the theme of my life in them, spirituality/ghosts and environmentalism. Wild that I was only 8 when I saw both. No wonder both made such a lasting impression. Great films.

Posts: 2 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I just watched it .. Keith Coogan is great in it! He is so young.. wow.. 5 years before "Adventures In Babysitting"

He always was rather underrated. Anyone know what he's up to these days?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard an interview with him a couple of years ago. He's still working and doing fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxslNKSDysI

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home