iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Stealing Home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stealing Home
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stealing home is a 1988 film starring Jodie Foster and Mark Harmon. Billy Wyatt played by Harmon s a washed out ball player who is a little lost and trying to find himself again. After learning of his childhood friend and first sweetheart's suicide, he is given the responsibility of taking care of her ashes. We then rewind to his own childhood and teenage years. Through some narration and the introduction of William Mcnamara (Joel -Dream a Little Dream)starring as teenager Billy Wyatt, we see the relationship between Billy and Katie(Foster)unfold, and young Billy come of age.

If you havn't seen this movie which is scored by David Foster, then i suggest you clear your schedule. If you ever had the sheer joy and agony of being in love when you were a teenager and can look back on it now like it was a lifetime ago, then you definately need to see this film.

I know a few people on here have seen it including Muffy so maybe they can vouch for my creditting this hidden tear jerking, coming of age movie.

-

-

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great movie! Loved Harmon in it and Foster.......Most of it's set in the 60's right? but still awesome. Johnathan Silverman is pretty memorable too......plus Joel from Dream a Little Dream....what a hunk!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the back up Muffy, maybe you and i are one of a kind, no wait wait...theres two of us, so that would be two of a kind!

yes 60s it was. Im not sure about joel looking like a hunk as im more of a monica potter and natalie portman fan and would have prefered one of them to have been foster's lover . . .oh well, not all my wishes can come true can they?? Or can they...hmmm!

I forgot all about silverman you know. Its got a great music track by david foster and of course a lot of the electric piano stuff sounds the same as the score from 'The Secret of my Success'. Im so glad someone else thinks this movie is GREAT!

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be just you and I buddy....lol

I did a Rewind search and came across you and I talking about it a year ago on the Worth Winning thread, tooooooooo funny.... [Smile] I bumped it for you.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Muffy, just had a look at it and posted. that was funny. I had no recollection of those posts at all.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just ordered this, I look forward to watching [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
I've just ordered this, I look forward to watching [Smile]

oh well done you Helen. Please let me know what you think...i hope you enjoy it. Rating you.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this too.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a huge fan of this one for quite a while. Caught it on tv back in the 90's and loved it. I'm tempted to dig out my dvd copy and watch it right now!
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it. So sad but beautiful at the same time. It gave me goosebumps all through it. Glad I got it [Smile] Loved the soundtrack too.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto to what Helen said!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got this movie this week and aim to watch it soon.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This fit right in with my baseball/sports filled adolescence. Haven't seen it in such a long time, but remember it was this and the Natural that I watched quite a bit in the summers in the late 80's. It's a tearjerker though. I think the last time I watched this one was when people were collecting Gregg Jeffries rookie cards thinking they were going to be valuable one day!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
so glad some of you watched this and riptide, im glad this movie reminds you of baseball cards etc...thats great!

I havnt seen this movie in a long time now and must watch it soon. Thanks for the back up on this emotional little gem.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home