iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Nest (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Nest (1988)
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i was looking up movies with Lisa Langlois, who i recently saw in the movies, 1984 (what a movie..) and Happy Birthday To me.

i've never seen this movie about meat-eating mutant roaches?!? if you've seen it, share your thoughts, please?

i loved Lisa Langlois in 1984 and her punk look.
 -

i think she's beautiful [Smile]
 -

is this movie worth buying? netflix doesn't even have it for rent! i can't tell if it was officially released for dvd or not, but i totally want to check it out!

some of the stills i saw from the movie look sick! haha. is it anything like the fly? that movie made me squirm,..i still have a hard time watching it to this day. [Eek!]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen "The Nest," which is one of those Roger Corman Concorde pictures that eluded me back in the day, and one I hope The Shout Factory will get around to releasing on DVD. Your pictures of Canadian actress Lisa Langlois brought back some good memories for me, Ronnie. I always liked her, and she was--still is--in a lot of stuff, mostly made in Canada. Her most memorable role, for me at least, was with Steve Guttenberg in the long-forgotten 3D movie (from that short run of 3D movies back in the early 80's along with "Comin at Ya," "Metalstorm," "Parasite," etc.) "The Man Who Wasn't There" (1983). It's a terrible movie, but Lisa Langlois naked and in 3D is quite a sight to behold. Quite a sight... Yep... Uh-huh... Losing consciousness... <swoon>
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Nest in the early 90s but donŽt remember much.
I own this UK VHS tape and iŽll try to check the movie one of these days and give my thoughts.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, you always grace us with those cool Euro-covers. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i love original movie posters and VHS cover art [Cool]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting that aTomik! [Smile] ya, let me know what you think?

i'm glad you liked the pics, Crash. i looked her up after watching 1984. and i didn't find much on her, but it would be nice to see other movies with her.

i thought she was pretty as a young actress and still looks great in her more recent pics.

as for the Nest, i don't usually venture out into those "mutation" type flicks, because they give me the willies, but i am going to track this one down and the movie aTomik posted about "Forbidden World"...i already added that one to my netflix queue. my husband is a sci-fi fan and i think he would enjoy it. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she was pretty and striking in a way in Class of 1984 too! the coolest hair!

I'm going to wait and see what you guys say about this one though [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just watched The Nest. It was a decent low-budget horror movie.

Evil corporation INTEC + small town mayor looking for more power and fame = disaster.

Roaches everywhere, some cool characters (especially Stephen Davies as Homer),
pretty Lisa Langlois and superhot Heidi Helmer in a way too small role.

"Shower fresh Lisa Langlois but sadly no shower scene in this one"

-

Loved the mutant cat flying around and couple of other nasty looking creatures.
I only recommend this for fans of these small town nature strikes back movies.

"You evil INTEC lady, iŽm going to eat ya!"

-

Trailers on the VHS: Spaceballs, Moonstruck, Overboard, Ewoks: The Battle For Endor,
The Lawless Land (with Amanda Peterson!), Fatal Beauty and Masquerade

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

cool atomik! i just ordered a bunch of movies and i didn't even think to get this one, i forgot [Roll Eyes] ...

thanks for the input!

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I haven't seen "The Nest," which is one of those Roger Corman Concorde pictures that eluded me back in the day, and one I hope The Shout Factory will get around to releasing on DVD.

I wonder how Crash could have foreseen this, since his message is dated nearly 2 years ago.

Was it an omen ?? [Eek!]
(..cue scary The Omen soundtrack music for full impact here..) [Big Grin]

Anyhow, my Shout! Factory blu-ray / dvd combo-pack came in early. Release date was set for february 19th.
I already had the New Concorde dvd which was released over a decade ago. I always thought it was
a pretty cool movie. Nancy Morgan is in it too. She was Ron Howard's co-star in Grand Theft Auto (1977),
which was also produced by Roger Corman.

There haven't been any reports on what bonus-materials will be featured on this new edition,
but i'm sure this blu-ray / dvd combo-pack will be an ideal opportunity to reaquaint oneself with.. The Nest ! [Smile]

[ 23. January 2013, 10:02: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home