iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Vote for your favorite 80's movie prom date.. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Vote for your favorite 80's movie prom date..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's how it works.. below is a list of candidates both male and female to choose from for your Favorite 80's Movie Prom Date.

Please choose one guy and one girl that are your favs and post it on this thread between now and Sunday 2/27. Winners will be announced early next week.

There are two 'write-in' candidates available as well.. the only rule is that the 80's movie they are from had to have a dance on the school premises at so point during the film. So for instance.. "Teen Wolf" would fit the criteria and be eligible.

I want as many people as possible to participate and open discussion about all candidates is encouraged.

Voting openings now!

[ 21. February 2011, 17:14: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Babes:

-

Julie Richman - Valley Girl

-

Angela Strull - Dance 'Til Dawn

-

Andie Walsh - Pretty In Pink

-

Deborah Strobridge - Just One of the Guys

-

Kim Hammond - Prom Night

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Cindy Mancini - Can't Buy Me Love

-

Ariel Moore - Footloose

-

Terry Griffith - Just One of the Guys

-

Shelley Sheridan - Dance 'Til Dawn

-

Female Write-In Candidate

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Studs:

-

Steff - Pretty In Pink

-

Rick Morehouse - Just One of the Guys

-

Ren McCormack - Footloose

-

Duckie Dale - Pretty In Pink

-

Tommy - Valley Girl

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Greg Tolan - Just One of the Guys

-

Ronnie Miller - Can't Buy Me Love

-

Blane McDonnagh - Pretty In Pink

-

Randy - Valley Girl

-

Male Write-In Candidate

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LET'S DANCE!!!!

-

"Wrong! That is not how the economic theory works."

-

"You know you want me."

Ronald Miller (because he's totally geek) / Linda Barrett (because she's totally chic)

[ 21. February 2011, 18:07: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic. Thanks for alerting me to it Valley!

My favorite prom couple would be Julie Richman (Deborah Foreman) and Ren McCormick (Kevin Bacon)!!! Sorry I am having computer problems I cannot ad pics [Mad]

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take-

-
Jake Ryan

-
and Joe Fisk [Smile]

I'll love to nominate Frankie from Tuff Turf-but I guess a warehouse doesn't make the school dance criteria [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to put Jake down but I didn't know if he counted. If I get a second vote, which I think Valley will let me have I would most definitely pick Michael Schoeffling and Virginia Madsen!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jessie.. I'm pretty sure the judge will allow "Sixteen Candles" and "Fire With Fire" .. both had a dance on the school premises. But your first choice of Julie Richman - Valley Girl and Ren McCormack - Footloose are actually my selections as well.

Bamersy.. nice to see that you want to be a rebel and pull a Nick Hauser by breaking the rules by picking two guys and a girl from a warehouse dance. But rules were made to be broken it appears.. so we will work on it for ya!

[ 21. February 2011, 20:07: Message edited by: Valley ]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm NOT picking Jake! haha

But I will pick

Lanie (Dream a Little Dream)
 -

and

Johnny (Reckless)
"Swoooooooooooon"

-

I know, I know I had to pick my own...I did follow the rules.....but you sure did make a good selection Valman!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S I'm going to geek out and find them in dance screen shots from the film before the deadline [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby declare this whole thread to be a complete sham based on the glaring omission of the following 2 characters.

Ali Mills...

-
 -

and Christian Hollings

-
 -

It is now evident that Valley HATES both The Karate Kid and Rad. [Smile]

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well...for the guys I'll go with Ren McCormack.

But for the ladies I'm gonna have to branch out on my own and select Christian Hollings (Lori Loughlin) from RAD. I'm pretty sure this follows the criteria since the BMX freestyle scene everyone knows and loves takes place at a school dance.

Sorry I can't upload a pic, but I'm also having problems with my computer and I can't seem to copy/paste pics on my touchphone.

If my pick for Christian is not acceptable for some reason, my next choice is Cindy Mancini.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...umm...well...nevermind about my comment about the pics. Looks like John beat me to the punch and posted em for me before I could post my comment...hehe..thanks man [Cool]
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm glad everyone is having fun with the thread and the write-in vote. Some incredible choices by everyone.

I mainly made the selections with from movies with true prom scenes or mentioning of the prom. But decided to open it up to school dances knowing everyone would have more fun with it.

So keep them coming and if anyone wants to change your vote after reading other choices .. let's keep the discussion going.

Btw, where's Secret Admirer to select two characters from "Weird Science"? [Wink]

Devo.. Better Off Dead?

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Valley.

For a girl I pick Christian Griffith....that's Lori Loughlin's head on Joyce Hyser's body!! No explanation needed....

For a guy...Rick Morehouse....this dude is unassuming and laid back, a bit ackward....what girl wouldn't want to dance with this fine fellow?! If I have to pick a real girl....I'll go with Christian Hollings....Lori is the cutest girl in the world! Her and Rick's kids would be very popular and good looking.....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised none of the ladies picked Chung Lee, the obvious shoe in

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/bloodsportchunglii.jpg

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread rocks!!

As much as I'm an Ace of Spades fan, still can't go with PIP.

My vote goes with Julie from Valley Girl & Rick from Just One of the guys.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My votes go to....

- Rick Moorehouse "Just one of the Guys"

- Lynn Stone from "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"

Does the debutante ball count as a dance??

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Girl Just Wanna Have Fun." Erggggggggghhhhhhh.
I would rather choke on my own vomit than watch this again [Razz]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Gannon:
I'm suprised none of the ladies picked Chung Lee, the obvious shoe in

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/bloodsportchunglii.jpg

I am sure the ladies forgot about this one. He is definitely the pick of the crop. Ha Ha. Love your pick. Classic.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bernie.. stop making promise some people might want you to keep. [Big Grin]

I'm a fan of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" .. Helen Hunt is great in it. The tunes are awesome!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well ok. Point taken [Roll Eyes]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, I love this place [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home