iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » So Fine (1981)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Fine (1981)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Bobby Fine is an intellectual English professor who leaves his job when his father Jack appeals to him for help.
A garment manufacturer, Jack is in serious debt to humongous loan shark Eddie,
and he desperately needs his business to provide the capital to pay Eddie back.
Completely by accident, Bobby invents the solution to his father's problem:
see-through demin blue jeans with strategically placed holes in the rear that expose one's backside.
The fickle public goes crazy over the "sexy" new style, and the money starts flowing in,
but Bobby exacerbates his father's problems greatly when he falls for and begins dating the amorous Lira,
whose husband is none other than Eddie. (Wikipedia)

This was a pretty good early 80s comedy written and directed by Andrew Bergman.
Ryan O´Neal and Jack Warden did a good job as father and son Fine
and Richard "Jaws" Kiel was hilarious as the mob boss/disco club owner Eddie.
You can also spot John Stockwell in a small role, this was his feature film debut.

I love the part where Kiel plays Space Invaders pinball, things didn´t go so well so he smashes the machine [Cool]

-

Warner Bros released this on dvd as part of their archive collection so it´s available.

Check out this hilarious clip:

So Fine (1981) jeans montage

Here´s the finnish VHS cover art:

-

[ 23. February 2012, 22:56: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice jeans....
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This looks pretty funny...might try to track it down. I heard there's a part two where they sell men's jeans....I'm skippin' that one!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha so funny kev [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of those movies I *think* I've seen, but I keep meaning to re-watch it to see. Has it been released on DVD yet? Last time I checked it hadn't.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
This is one of those movies I *think* I've seen, but I keep meaning to re-watch it to see. Has it been released on DVD yet? Last time I checked it hadn't.

I looked it up and it has been released on DVD by Warner Brothers on all regions.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, like i said it´s part of the Warner Bros. archive collection.
But as you can see they ship to US destinations only.

Warner Bros. archive collection dvd - So Fine (1981)

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... I thought maybe it was out in Europe. The Warner Archive is great and useless at the same time.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan 5, have you tried purchasing it from Amazon? That is where I got the details from and I saw that there is a copy available for sale.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here´s a place we all can buy the Warner archive dvd´s:
(Thanx bro)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/warner-bros-archive-collection/

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Here´s a place we all can buy the Warner archive dvd´s:
(Thanx bro)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/warner-bros-archive-collection/

This is useful!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cover sold me.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

just watched so fine again,not watched for quite some time,really enjoy this one,very funny in parts, ryan o'neal and richard kiel are both great as is fred (herman munster) gwynne in a small role.

also this time round was the first time i'd noticed christine's john stockwell in a small part who upsets the giant eddie (richard kiel) in the college bar.

-

but i think the real standout for me was jack warden as o'neals dad,i thought he was hilarious,i've always rated him highly,liked him a lot in the sean connery thriller the presidio & the us series crazy like a fox.

-

i wouldn't mind upgrading to the dvd if it's cheap enough,never purchased one of these warner archive discs,wouldn't mind reckless & wisdom as well but always found them slightly overpriced for what is basically just a dvd-r which in some cases hasn't been remastered.

-

[ 12. April 2012, 14:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home