iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Pretty in Pink ////| VS |\\\\ Some Kind of Wonderful (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pretty in Pink ////| VS |\\\\ Some Kind of Wonderful
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing how wrong you people can be....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
It's amazing how wrong you people can be....

It may feel wrong... but you know it's right!

quote:
All kinds of trouble during the preproduction (Deutch out-Coolidge in-Deutch in) and it shows, Stoltz and Deutch didn´t speak.
Did you get this from the Hughes book? Expand on this please! I never knew about Coolidge being in (I find her a little annoying but I think she's a great Director).
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here we go [Smile]

John had a script called Oil and Vinegar about a couple driving across country to attend a wedding. A talkathon film and both Broderick and Ringwald were interested.
So, Deutch grew frustrated in the casting process with Some Kind of wonderful and wanted to do Oil and vinegar and told this to Hughes. He got fired.

Enter Coolidge and the two had a great time working together, she says.
Masterson and Stoltz were already in and she cast Kim Delaney as Amanda and Kyle MacLachlan as Hardy Jenns.

The monday before the thursday start she got fired. "It was nothing you did" said executive producer Michael Chinich.
Soon she found out that Deutch was already interviewing replacement actors.
Delaney out-Thompson in, MacLachlan out- Sheffer in and they also wanted to replace Stoltz but big boss Ned Tanen said no.
John never called Coolidge to explain why he let her go. She was given another movie and we all know that was Plain Clothes.

Well, that´s the four pages story short. Some more details in the book of course and i say you should get the book, Logan. It´s pretty interesting stuff.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did mean to get it ages ago, but some of the Amazon reviews were mixed.

Her casting choices are interesting. Why did she get fired though?

Plain Clothes was a good movie too, so maybe it's a double win for the movie world. She does a commentary on the new DVD.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home