iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Pretty in Pink ////| VS |\\\\ Some Kind of Wonderful (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pretty in Pink ////| VS |\\\\ Some Kind of Wonderful
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I got a quick response on that one.

Nah, not trying to have a dig but I really did not enjoy those movies.

for me Pretty in Pink is all bad,

and the only thing I like about SKOW is how gorgeous Mary Stewart Masterson looks.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Man I got a quick response on that one.

Nah, not trying to have a dig but I really did not enjoy those movies.

for me Pretty in Pink is all bad,

and the only thing I like about SKOW is how gorgeous Mary Stewart Masterson looks.

So....

Another vote for SKOW? Seeing as there IS one thing you like.... [Razz]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.

SKOW is definitely better. But I didn't think that much of both the movies.

But yeah SKOW hands down.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul...I'm sure you would have grabbed that vote even if Bernie stated he likes the color blue better than pink....shameless.... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take a shameless vote for SKOW over a mature and reasonable vote against it any day... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
And Bernie...isn't there a guy in Pretty In Pink that's in one of your obvious favorite movies...if you didn't like both movies, then at least I thought that might have encouraged you...plus...you're encouraging Paul....
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Pretty in Pink recently. I haven't seen it in many years. I will have to soon to settle this matter haha [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
And Bernie...isn't there a guy in Pretty In Pink that's in one of your obvious favorite movies...if you didn't like both movies, then at least I thought that might have encouraged you...plus...you're encouraging Paul....

Yeah I adore Andrew McCarthy but while he is a very talented actor he couldn't keep that whole movie afloat.

I honestly think SKOW is the better film though, and Paul got to me first so what can I say.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:

Kev, I don't need no encouraging.... just ask anybody!

[Big Grin]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ringwald would NEVER have played the Watts role as we know it and would probably have ruined the movie. Thankfully, Ringwald got a touch starstruck, believed her own press cuttings a little too much, and declined to work with the ultimate movie genius of the decade.
Ringwald could never have been Watts.

quote:
I bought Pretty in Pink recently. I haven't seen it in many years. I will have to soon to settle this matter haha [Big Grin] [Razz]
I'm not sure it's settle-able Helen! I think the issue here is people are being forced to choose one or t'other - which is difficult. It's like State's rights... it could lead to war!

quote:
I honestly think SKOW is the better film though, and Paul got to me first so what can I say.
You can say:

"After a period of deep soul-searching, I have decided that PiP is the bestest. If Italy can switch sides in two World Wars - I can switch sides here. Andrew McCarthy, James Spader, The Psychedelic Furs; I have to choose PiP. Plus Kev and Logan really look up to me for my dress sense and taste in movies, so I couldn't let them down."

Just sayin'.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
If Bernie was in "Sophie's Choice"...he'd have given up the wrong movie!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
If Bernie was in "Sophie's Choice"...he'd have given up the wrong movie!

Huh?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
"After a period of deep soul-searching, I have decided that PiP is the bestest. If Italy can switch sides in two World Wars - I can switch sides here. Andrew McCarthy, James Spader, The Psychedelic Furs; I have to choose PiP. Plus Kev and Logan really look up to me for my dress sense and taste in movies, so I couldn't let them down."

Just sayin'. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Logan, you put a fairly convincing argument, but PiP still loses. I like your guys enthusiasm trying to convince someone to change their vote.

It would have been more convincing though if you said, just switch sides to irritate Paul. [Big Grin]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh... er... I forgot to say...

*COUGH!*

Just switch sides to irritate Paul!

*COUGH!*

No, seriously. It's obviously a free choice you've made. If my point about Italy wasn't good enough to change your mind, then I guess nothing would be. If suggesting you turn against the fascists wasn't enough, then what more can I say? I mean, if you really agree with the Nazis and what they did, then sure - stay where you are. Me and Kev... we'll fight on anyway... we like to breathe the sweet air of freedom... waves of amber grain... that kind of thing. But who knows, maybe, just maybe, against all odds, Kev and I will pull this out of the bag and win even wihout your much-needed skills and support. Maybe the children of the world will really have a future.

Maybe.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Logan,

Well I heard the holocaust was a myth anyway.

Ok lets shake things up to make it interesting.

Yep, definitely Pretty in Pink.

It was the best movie of all time.

The zoom ins, the framing, I was enchanted.

I mean come on what classic 80's movie doesn't have Andrew Dice Clay.

the inspirational wisdom of Harry Dean Stanton could leave Socrates winded.

And yes highly believable that Ringwald is so sort after.

Sorry Paul - It looks like Pretty in Pink has the vote.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

For what it's worth, Italy never switched in WW2. So by switching, you're agreeing with everything you've just abandoned....

Just thought I'd mention it, Mr 'soon-to-have-an-embarrassing -user-title'.

[Smile]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Things are heating up.

Do you have any possible name changes in mind?

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have any thoughts on these two movies or comparisons? I'd like to hear from the original poster since they never gave us their thoughts.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
For what it's worth, Italy never switched in WW2. So by switching, you're agreeing with everything you've just abandoned....
Are we talking officially or technically? In WWI they failed to honour their treaties with the central powers and came in with the Allies because they felt they could gain more. In WWII they wanted to switch sides after Mussolini was deposed, but Britain wouldn't let them, so they switched ideologically but not officially (Germany, of course, then invaded them, because it knew Italy would not resist an Allied occupation).

Having said that; at this point I'm so confused as to what standing for each side in this debate means, all I can say is...

Vive la France!

Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh yeah. She is so hot.

If I ever see a girl that looks like that I am definitely gonna aske her out.

Mary Sturat Masterson.....Ughh so gorgeous.

I've got a feeling someone is trying to bait me into changing my vote back with this picture.

Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mary stewart masterson top 3:

Somekind of Wonderful
Chances Are
At Close Range

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love Chances Are

SKOW is ok.

At Close Range:

I remember before seeing this thinking, Oh man this is gonna be awesome.

Walken, the Penn's, Masterson...but I remain not a fan.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Have to include 'Heaven Help Us' in a MSM top 3.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home