iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Valley Girl (1983)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valley Girl (1983)
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I was watching this movie this morning for the first time I only caught the last hour of the movie on tv. I enjoyed the movie I hope it comes on again. Its a great movie.

What do you think about Valley Girl?

Also how do you post movie posters in a thread?

Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Antwuan.. very cool that you finally got to watch "Valley Girl" and enjoyed it.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley-Whats your favorite scene in Valley Girl?
Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite is when Nic Cage goes off at Julie telling her to **** off because she is being influenced by her friends.

I think I like that cos you don't see that really in any other 80's movies and it is exactly what I would say if I was in that situation.

It just seems very real. And Nic Cage says it with meaning.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My favourite is when Nic Cage goes off at Julie telling her to **** off because she is being influenced by her friends.
Mine too.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A close second is when Nic Cage decides to go back to the party after being ejected by Tommy's goon squad.

It's good because it would take alot of balls to do that. I would like to think that is what I would do but I'd probably go home and get ****ed off about it.

If Skip nailed the hot mum that would have been my favourite scene.

"So you wanna dance?"

"In another life!"

"Yeah, I didn't either. I was just taking a poll."

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
I like "Valley Girl". I have this movie on DVD now, just got it last week. Great Movie

This movie makes me want to go to California and see all of the beautiful chicks even go to parties in Cali.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just thought i would share this poster... i love it!

-

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. that movie poster is Tripendicular!

I totally love all the inset pics.. especially the Valley High Jr. prom!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol sank-yoo valley!

i was looking up pictures of valley girl and came across this poster.
check out my prom date and his val dudes with him. [Smile]

the only thing missing, is Fred!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
Nice Movie Poster
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there anyone besides me that wanted to move down to the San Fernando Valley after seeing this movie back then? I was totally fascinated by that for years. Never did move there though. I did go on vacation to SoCal years ago and went to some of the places in the movie including Du-Pars and the Galleria Mall (before they tore it down). It was fun. =)
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skatexedge:
I did go on vacation to SoCal years ago and went to some of the places in the movie including Du-Pars and the Galleria Mall (before they tore it down). It was fun. =)

WHAT?!?!...Oh man, I'm sooooo jealous!! That's awesome!! [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did somebody mention one of the greatest 80s movies ever made :-) I too am a fan of Valleygirl.. "it sooh trippendicular" and i love that poster that ronnie posted ive never seen that one before..i so wish i had it framed on my wall. Valleygirl.. it just wasnt a movie..it was a way of life :-)
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

I'm in the mood for another VG viewing. Everytime I watch this movie, I try to look for things I didn't notice before... I think a lot of us have done that with our fave 80s movies. [Smile] There's not a whole lot left to discover with VG, so there's no choice but to start making up stuff I guess?! Anyone else interested a fan fiction VG series? [Big Grin]

Favorite scene: Randy & Julie's first date..at the club, while Plimsouls are rockin out. [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home