iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Star Wars on Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-ray
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

As anticipated, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment officially announced today the Blu-ray release of Star Wars for September 2011. The studio will release the saga in three distinct sets "to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (a nine-disc set including all six films, priced at $89.99; Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy (a three-disc set including Episodes I-III, priced at $44.99); and Star Wars: Original Trilogy (a three-disc set including Episodes IV-VI, priced at $44.99).

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Contrary to what some hoped and others feared, no 3D Blu-ray announcement was made.

Ever since the Blu-ray format became a reality, the release of Star Wars on Blu-ray became a topic of discussion. I will probably only invest in the original Trilogy for now though.

Where ya at "The Empire Strikes Back" fans?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in for

Star Wars: Original Trilogy (a three-disc set including Episodes IV-VI, priced at $44.99).

Hopefully, its the original cut sans added scenes.

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that this will include the original theatrical versions. I'm keeping my huge laserdisc box set. :-)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in for the original trilogy for sure, though not sure about Ep 1-3. Something tells me the collector in me will want all six. I continue to try to love Ep 1-3, but the dialogue is almost unbearable to listen to...especially the love scenes...horrible! I like when the end of Ep 3 starts to transform and the sets actually begin to look more like the originals. I'm thinking....re-vamp....why not....you know everyone will go see them....I'm calling George right now.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scott57
Rewind Curious
Member # 9363

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for scott57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take all of them. I just hope they've done a good job on the picture quality of Episodes IV-VI.
Posts: 4 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take the O/T boxed set. Praying for a decent mastering of the untouched versions of the movies.

The real question is; how many more times can fans re-buy these movies?

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just wait for the Special Edition Blue Ray logan...two years from now...just before Christmas...with one small feature added....and again....and again. If these movies wern't ingrained in my brain as a child, I'd have dumped Lucas long ago! Though...I can't imagine I wouldn't do the same if "I" created Star Wars!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not buying them because of all the special edition crap that just makes me mad every time i see it.
Greedo shooting first, "Jedi Rocks", replacing Sebastian Shaw at the end of Jedi with Hayden Christiansen, cutting up the climax of Empire with a pointless scene of Vader flying to the star destroyer and walking inside... the list goes on and on.
I will stick with my anamorphic bootlegs that were taken from the original laser discs.

As for the prequels, i wouldn't even think of spending a dime on those. Attack of the Clones may be the worst big budget hollywood movie i've ever seen.

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
The real question is; how many more times can fans re-buy these movies?

Don't worry.. Star Wars 3-D is coming soon!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home