iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
Back Roads (1981) with Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones is due on Blu-ray early next year from Kino Lorber.

I wish someone would release Back Roads here too, it´s one TLJ film i´ve never seen.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 2014 Shout Factory announced they were planning to bring Destroyer (1988) starring Deborah Foreman to blu-ray..

then it got dropped from their release schedule (along with Hellhole)..

and now it's back again !

Destroyer is being paired up with Edge Of Sanity (1989) for one of their Scream Factory double-feature releases
with a preliminary release-date of april 12th !

Let's all hope it works out this time. [Smile]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ice Pirates (1984) comes to Blu-ray early next year from Warner Archive.
Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Makes more sense pairing - the destroyer aka shadow of death with another Perkins film such as - edge of sanity than when they scream factory was originally going to pair it up with - scarecrows,edge of sanity i think is really good fun actually and is probably the better of the two films - this will make for a really fun release especially for anyone new to both films.

I'll definitely pick up the blu when it's released especially as I only own - shadow of death (the destroyer) on vhs.

Never seen - backroads or - ice pirates but would like to do so.

[ 17. December 2015, 09:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Manhattan Project (1986) with John Lithgow heads to Blu-ray from Kino Lorber early 2016.
Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming March 8 on Blu-ray from Universal Studios:

Xanadu (1980)
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)
Howard the Duck (1986)
Batteries Not Included (1987)

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arrow is preparing The Zero Boys (1986) for a blu-ray release !

It hasn't been officially announced yet.. but it's definitely coming ! [Smile]

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

First review for the upcoming House Where Evil Dwells / Ghost Warrior double-feature :

www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e-h/housewhereevildwlls82.htm

Seems to be worth the upgrade ! [Smile]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen The House Where Evil Dwells but i just remembered that i have dutch vhs tape on the shelf which looks to be in mint condition [Smile]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The house where evil dwells is a bit of a strange one,it's pretty slow going stuff but has the odd scene to perk your interest,swordkill I don't dislike its actually pretty good fun,I've watched it a few times over the years.

If it was just - house where evil dwells as a standalone title I'd probably think twice about a purchase but as its a double bill with swordkill I can definitely see myself picking this up at some point!

The zero boys I think is awesome,roll on - grandmother's house,blind date,the wind,etc etc.

-

Coming out next week - Jan 6 2016 to blu ray on a region b Australian release is the fun Rutger hauer action flick - blind fury.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blind-Fury-Blu-ray/141492/

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
These have just been released in the UK :

-  -

Mediumrare Entertainment has been releasing a batch of very diverse titles recently, all blu-ray + dvd combopacks.
The Cannonball Run 1 & 2, as well as several of Bruce Lee's martial-arts classics are among their output as well.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -  -

Nightmare Weekend (1986) and Demonoid ; Messenger Of Death (1981)

These two Vinegar Syndrome titles were released last september / october, but only through selected on-line shops.
The generally available release of Nightmare Weekend will be out on january 19th, Demonoid will follow on february 16th,
and Frightmare (aka The Horror Star) is planned for march 15th.

I'm very pleased they decided to give these a wider release, as i wouldn't wanna miss out.. No siree ! [Big Grin]

Also coming on january 19th from Vinegar Syndrome is :

-

Luther The Geek (1990)

All of these are blu-ray + dvd combopacks !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, bro already has Nightmare Weekend, Demonoid and Frightmare.
I´ve only seen Frightmare before so it´s great to finally see those two also.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Dammit.. he beat me to the punch then ! [Frown] [Razz]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Transformations (1988) starring the lovely Lisa Langlois will be released on blu-ray on march 1st !

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

And the highly entertaining trash fest Monster Dog (1984) starring Alice Cooper will be out on march 15th !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´m a huge Cooper fan and was about to ask if anyone has seen Monster Dog! I so hope that it´s going to be region free release...
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18217 - olive films have just mentioned there march slate and there's some cool titles in there ,I'll definitely be looking at picking up - making the grade and - kill me again.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
80s films coming to Blu-ray from Olive Films are:

The Boost (1988) with James Woods and Sean Young
Kill Me Again (1989) with Val Kilmer and Joanne Whalley
Jinxed (1982) with Bette Midler
Making the Grade (1984) with Judd Nelson

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Another 80's obscurity is rescued from oblivion :

-

Steele Justice (1987) blu-ray release is forthcoming from Kino Lorber !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, Steele Justice! Didn´t see that coming, i hope some European company will license this one.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Unlikely, but you'll never know these days.

Street date for the Kino Lorber disc is set for may 24th.

I was looking at some clips and trailers for Steele Justice on Youtube, and whaddayaknow..
everyone's favorite Asian henchman pops up in this one too !

-

It's Al Leong ! [Cool]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
This dude has played so many bad guy roles, i bet he´s a very nice fella in person [Smile]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Apparently someone is working on a feature-length documentary about Al Leong.. and rightfully so ! [Smile]

www.imdb.com/title/tt4393410/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

There's actually a bunch of pretty cool interview clips to be found on Youtube that i really like..

Here's Al talking about movies, but also his health : www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99ieAJygho

And here's Al talking movies again at a convention in the UK : www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjCHvbbdXk

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
So he is a cool guy! Thanks for sharing Johnny, loved the clips!
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home