iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming from Shout Factory early next year:

Manhunter (1986) and Lady in White (1988)

Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something interesting..

Every now and then i'm looking for new dvd and blu-ray releases from Germany, simply because there's a lot
of cool stuff that seems to be exclusive to the German market unavailable anywhere else.. like this one :

-

The Challenge (1982) starring Scott Glenn was released last august on a limited edition blu-ray + dvd combopack.

I completely forgot about this movie.. but now that i know it's out there, I WANT IT ! [Big Grin]

Let's refresh our memories with the awesome trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGwD3Egrmk

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The challenge is a lot of fun johnny I have an old cbs fox vhs of it,I know it's getting a us release as well in the new year.

Lady in white is really great as well!

-

Just released in Japan to blu ray is exterminator 2 which is also scheduled for a UK blu ray release next year from 101 films who's releases are a pretty Mixed bunch and as bare bones as you can get but there toy soldiers blu ray was not to bad quality wise as were a couple of the others!

-

Uk distributor 101 films 2016 blu ray slate.

[ 31. October 2015, 03:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
The challenge is a lot of fun johnny I have an old cbs fox vhs of it,I know it's getting a us release as well in the new year.

That i didn't know !

I do have relatively easy access to buying German imports here, and i really like that dual cover,
so i may prefer getting the German combopack depending on what it'll cost of course.

Like i said before, lately it's been annoyingly expensive to buy imports from the US because of
the low value of the euro, so it may actually be cheaper to get the one from Germany.

Posts: 2184 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Pray For Death (1985)

Initially announced in the UK as a 101 Films release, Pray For Death gets the special edition treatment in the US,
as it's been picked up by Arrow Films.

Fully uncut, including a brand new Sho Kosugi interview !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon that arrow release of pray for death will blow the 101 films version out of the water johnny,101 films rarely have any extras and there transfers are sometimes pretty questionable.

The challenge is coming to blu ray from kino lorber in February of next year -
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Challenge-Blu-ray/133738/

Like you say the German release looks pretty great and if it's likely to save you money seems the best way to go!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, even if the 101 and Arrow discs have the same transfer, most collectors will definitely want to have the Arrow version.

By the way, the releases from that new UK label Signal One Entertainment are getting some pretty good reviews.
Dvdbeaver did reviews for Signal One's first batch of blu-ray titles, and they appear to be pretty solid.
Plus the fact that they seem to be producing their own extra's certainly helps too !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Yeah I noticed there releases of rivers edge and the last embrace got pretty favourable reviews,wouldn't mind picking up both of them actually,they've got some great releases coming up - Mr majestyk,cherry 2000 and one I've always wanted to check out the seven ups with the great roy Scheider.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That one is awesome !

I'm definitely interested in The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane as well. [Smile]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The movie that is ! [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky you added that little amendment [Razz]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Just in case, Bernie.. just in case.. [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Way Out (1987) comes out from Shout Factory on February 16, 2016!
Posts: 4174 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Midnight Run (1988) heads to Blu-ray on February 23, 2016!
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
My Science Project (1985) debuts on Blu-ray via Mill Creek February 16, 2016.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Sonny Boy (1989).. yes, the one with David Carradine in drag, gets the Scream Factory treatment !

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-il2a_zJHQ

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in February from Olive Films:

Beat Street (1984)
Class (1983) - Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy and Jacqueline Bisset
Secret Admirer (1985) - C. Thomas Howell, Lori Loughlin and Kelly Preston

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Shout Factory march 2016 releases :

- Invasion USA
- Braddock ; Missing In Action III
- The Sicilian (director's cut)

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Definitely down for Braddock and invasion USA,plus there's more Bronson coming as well as I've heard - Murphy's law is on its way from twilight time as is assassination from kino.

Some great announcements of late!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, it's good to see more Cannon stuff making it to blu-ray. [Smile]

By the way, Scream Factory's Jack's Back is now scheduled for a january 26th release,
and Wes Craven's The Serpent And The Rainbow on february 23th.

Still i wonder what happened to Hellhole...

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I forgot about hellhole,that's really trashy fun and I'll definitely upgrade from my old vhs when they do decide to release it.

They've got - eliminators and dungeonmaster double bill coming out in the next week or two and the 1983 horror anthology - nightmares which I haven't seen for quite a while.

Looking down at a few vhs here and this one I'd seriously like shout factory to pick up for a blu ray release -

-

The - kid from 1990 starring c Thomas Howell I thought this was really great revenge thriller,actually I don't think this has even had a DVD release anywhere before!

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
A Prayer for the Dying (1987) starring Mickey Rourke comes to Blu-ray from Twilight Time in April.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
On march 15th, Millcreek Entertainment will release a 2-disc blu-ray set entitled Sun, Sand & Sweat Movie Collection,
which will include Private Resort (1985) and Hardbodies (1984) on disc 1, and Spring Break (1983) and Perfect (1985)
on disc 2 !

The Private Resort / Hardbodies disc will also be made available as a seperate release !

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Back Roads (1981) with Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones is due on Blu-ray early next year from Kino Lorber.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home