iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few real Touchstone classics in there, Leo. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prizzi's Honor (1985) with Jack Nicholson, Kathleen Turner and Anjelica Huston set this summer from Kino Lorber.
Posts: 4152 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blake Edwards's S.O.B. (1981) with Julie Andrews due from Warner Archive this year.
Posts: 4152 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20758 - Electric Dreams,The Amittyville Horror and Juice to hit Blu-ray in the UK sometime June 2017 from British distributor Second Sight.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you're talking!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Tough Guys (1986) with Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster set for release this summer from Kino Lorber.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Electric Dreams news but the next time i watch it, will i think of it as Demon Seed´s PG cousin. Proteus strikes back and steals your girlfriend [Big Grin]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Yeah, i have the 88Films blu-ray of Slaughterhouse too. Still, it will be interesting to see how it compares to
the upcoming Vinegar Syndrome edition. VS has an amazing track record, with several of their 80s horror titles,
like Evils Of The Night and Hobgoblins, being rewarded a full 5 star rating for video-quality on Blu-ray.com.

Well, now we know ! Here's the review :

www.blu-ray.com/movies/Slaughterhouse-Blu-ray/109911/#Review

Video : 5 stars .. Audio : 5 stars .. Extra's : 5 stars .. Can't argue with that ! [Big Grin]

And a bit more on how the Vinegar Syndrome disc compares to the one from 88Films can be found in this review :

www.mondo-digital.com/slaughterhouse.html

Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Vinegar Syndrome's version blows the 88 films (which I do own) version away,been so many Blu's that I've picked up that have since had better releases especially lately take Poltergeist 2 and 3 for instance,plus you've got Streets Of Fire coming in may which is bound to improve on the Second Sights UK Blu Ray's rather lacklustre transfer.

Depends really on whether you feel it's worth double dipping or not but it can become quite an expensive habit!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i know. I'll probably end up buying the new Streets Of Fire disc too.. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Speaking of double-dipping.. I was just reading the announcement for Arrow's May line-up..

www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20802

plus their upcoming House 1-4 complete collection in March and the Phantasm box-set in April..

So it seems there's definitely some of my money going to get spent on double-dipping in the next couple of weeks.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've preordered the House boxset of Amazon so very much looking forward to that,part 3 The Horror Show is the uncut print as well unlike the Us scream factory edition.

If the price drops for Phenomena I would definitely be interested in double dipping for that,at the moment I have the Arrow first release Blu with the window box sleeve.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

UK company Screenbound Pictures will bring to blu-ray the ultra campy The Return Of Swamp Thing (1989) !

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Curse of the Pink Panther (1983) due on Blu-ray this summer from Kino Lorber.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Return of Swamp Thing is fun!

Screenbound Pictures? I feel the UK blu-ray market overheating fast.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Screenbound Pictures was previously known as Odeon Entertainment. [Smile]

Don't ask me why they changed the name though.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming from Shout Factory in June:

When the Buffalo Roam (1980) with Bill Murray and Peter Boyle
Cheech and Chong's Next Movie (1980)
The Lonely Lady (1983) with Pia Zadora

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Where The Buffalo Roam has always been problematic to release because of the soundtrack. I hope they can clear
the rights for the original audio.. or better yet, have the original as well as the alternate audio track included.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the Bill Murray film Where the Buffalo Roam is grossly underrated. It has some very, very funny scenes in it such as when he meets Richard Nixon in the bathroom and gives him the speech about the "screwheads" and the "doomed." That always makes me laugh.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Carl Reiner's Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid starring Steve Martin is coming to Blu-ray here in the UK from Fabulous Films on April 10th 2017.

[ 04. March 2017, 05:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the updates.

"Streets of Fire" is a great, iconic (but somewhat obscure) rock "fable" with an incredible rock soundtrack - IIRC, these are all original songs that were created for the film. A good double-bill is watching this along with Michael Pare's other '80's rock film, "Eddie and the Cruisers" (1983).

I haven't seen "Return of Swamp Thing", but it looks interesting - I re-watched the first film on Blu a while back, and the print looked great. There was also a short-lived ST cartoon & live-action TV series in the '90's - neither of which I saw much of.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983) with Peter Strauss and Molly Ringwald comes out from Mill Creek Entertainment on May 2.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Mr. Mom (1983) is coming this summer from Shout Factory.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Look at that ! Very good reviews for Kino Lorber's upcoming Teen Witch blu-ray, which had been delayed several times.

www.mondo-digital.com/teenwitch.html

www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teen-Witch-Blu-ray/152831/#Review

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
That´s cool. Aaah, Lively is so lovely.
I´m just rewatching Twin Peaks and was shocked to see her. Didn´t remember at all!

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home