iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » whats this Movie? A movie about a black guy that become's white

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats this Movie? A movie about a black guy that become's white
i-am-legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9327

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for i-am-legend   Email i-am-legend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont remember that much cause i was a kid when i seen this movie but i remember that i liked it.. The movie is about a Black guy that likes a girl and i think shes white and because of her family or some other reason i dont know if he makes a wish or something eles but he becomes light skined not sure if he becomes a white person completely but i think he those and at the end of the movie before he turns back to a black guy to show the girl his real self it is snowing out side and as it is snowing and there both out side he starts to change back to a black guy... what the name to this movie please help thank you guys. P.S I looked it up a few times before but the only name that came up is Soul Man and thats not it.. I know this movie is out there i just dont no the name but i know somebody out there had to have seen this 80's movie.
Posts: 11 | From: Chicago | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll throw this out there - 'True Identity':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103128/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i-am-legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9327

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for i-am-legend   Email i-am-legend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i looked to see what movie is about and it doesn't seem to be the one i remember watching the plot seens different good try thanks...
Posts: 11 | From: Chicago | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only remember a movie of a white guy going black.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it's not the Michael Jackson Story? LMAO =)

Bernie..the movie you are referring to is Soul Man with C. Thomas Howell.

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with skater....your memory is clouding you and it IS Soul Man you seek even though you say no. The mind can mix things up over the years.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skatexedeg....Yeah you are right. I think I blocked the title out of my brain because of how bad it was. He takes bronzing pills and goes black. C'mon. It does not even take inot account that black people have a different facial structure. A black persons face looks tougher. He looks so pathetic cos although he is painted black or whatever it is he by no means looks black. So, so bad.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soul Man is a great film by Steve Miner.

It tackles the tough issues as well as being funny.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A black persons face looks tougher.
Do you mean they (usually) have wider noses, which looks like they could take a punch better? Toughness seems to me something individuals look like they have, rather than particular races.

Interestingly, most people assume racial breakdown is based on colour, but it's actually based on bone structure even more, hence the reason that the people of the Indian sub-continent (India to you and me) are actually Caucasian, despite having skin every bit as brown as many Africans.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i-am-legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9327

Rate Member
see the thing is that the was a real black person in the movie... I think that in the movie he's a black guy that become white for some reason then goes back to black all i know is at the end of the movie he is with a girl that he likes and they are in the back or the front of a building and it is snowing and there talking and i dont remember if he tells her about him being black or white but in that sene as he's talking to her he changes like something magical happen in front of her eyes not no face paint or make up.. a real change from black to white but im sure its white to black its an 80's for sure...
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta agree with the group here, your description sounds like Soul Man. There's even snow on the ground as they talk outside a building at the end of the movie. Check out this clip on youtube (the part starts at 9:03) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_n1IuJYWko
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i-am-legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9327

Rate Member
well Secret Admirer i seen the clip on youtube and it is some what of what i am describing but i remember it different thanks for trying i might as well throw in the towel on this one...
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't give up! I know that a lot of the gang here will keep thinking about it. If it's out there and it's 80s, this is the community to help you find it [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Am Legend when you said the snow bit I went "It has to be Soul Man!" ........but seriously like Secret-A said "don't give up!".

We are all pretty awesome here and if this movie exists someone will know [Smile]

How come you haven't watched all of Soul Man anyway? it's a good 80's movie!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soul Man rocks! Watch it anyway!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i-am-legend
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9327

Rate Member
you guys are Great [Smile] Im so happy i found this Site... I am going to watch Soul Man all the way to really see i have never seen it so im a see if thats it maybe it is so i am going to see thanks...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does snow towards the end of "Soul Man" if that helps ..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I vaguely remeber seeing a movie of a black guy turning white and the only scene of it that i remember is when he is using a urinal and the guy standing next to him looks at his thing, and is obviously thinking WTF, this guy is white but his thing is black. This is all I can remember from the movie and reckon I saw it in the early/mid nineties. I dunno if this will help, but lets hope.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just looked at logans post - true idenity is what i was thinking of.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">A black persons face looks tougher. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Do you mean they (usually) have wider noses, which looks like they could take a punch better? Toughness seems to me something individuals look like they have, rather than particular races.

Interestingly, most people assume racial breakdown is based on colour, but it's actually based on bone structure even more, hence the reason that the people of the Indian sub-continent (India to you and me) are actually Caucasian, despite having skin every bit as brown as many Africans.

I am not trying to have a philosophical debate. I am sure most people would know what I am talking about when I say that african americans tend to look like they have a stronger bone structure in their face.

I am not trying to be racist either.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I am not trying to have a philosophical debate. I am sure most people would know what I am talking about when I say that african americans tend to look like they have a stronger bone structure in their face.
I was asking seriously what you meant. To me, the only difference that makes their faces look stronger is the structure of the nose. No offence intended.

quote:
I am not trying to be racist either.
Didn't think you were, Bernie (nor was I).
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
My mistake. Yeah I guess it is the nose. It is hard to put my finger on but if you look at C.Thomas Howell in the movie although he is made to look black he still doesn't because his facial structure doesn't look like a black persons. but yeah the nose would have alot to do with it.

To me the funniest thing about Soul Man is how ridiculous he looks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home