iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 1979 and before... » The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Changeling. A haunted house picture involving a bereaved composer and a child's ghost.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCakes
Rewind Curious
Member # 8455

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCakes   Email JCakes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw "Sssss" for the first time. Cheesy, but fun. My wife saw it as a kid and it still freaked her out to see Dirk Benedict (Face from "The A-Team" and Starbuck from "Battlestar Gallactica") turn into a human snake. If you're into 70s horror chic, check this one out.
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Uncanny. A trilogy of tales concerning cats along with revenge.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Grizzly. Staff of a national park try to stop a gigantic grizzly bear from running amok.
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Christmas--I hated it!! I thought the remake was soooo much better. At least it was more entertaining.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is THE original in it's genre. Bob Clark went on to make the brilliant Murder By Decree and the the first two Porky's films. Also the first victim shares her name with my wife, Claire Harrison.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Omen Pentology - Five films, loads of documentaries and commentaries - Ł8. One of the best series ever.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magic--pretty good, after it got started.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Audrey Rose. Anthony Hopkins stars in a film about the reincarnation of his dead daughter. Well worth a watch from 1976.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new york ripper weird low budget nonsense

Late night trains aka midnight trains sick low budget once again nonsense

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the above films plus more nastys available on the shameless colection
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Suspiria. An American ballet student ascertains that a dance academy is a front for a witches' coven.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Abominable Dr. Phibes. A deranged doctor exacts revenge against physicans he believes are responsible for his wife's death.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Patrick. A comotose patient with psychokinetic powers wreaks havoc in a private hospital.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Patrick, remember watching this as a kid, shared the living daylights out of me. Aussies always seem to make very competent films.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Amityville Horror (1979)

This is a good old fashioned horror movie.
These old haunted house films really give me the creeps.
IŽll have to check out the two sequels too.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eaten Alive (1976)
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Phantom of the Opera. A deranged composer loves a radiant Paris Opera House singer.

One of Lon Chaney's most well-known roles.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Changeling. This at times can be a bit slow paced, but remains one of my favs. I used to love watching this as a kid. The seance scene freaks me out, and for some strange reason, it's gotta be close to the top of my list of all time scariest movie moments. Freaks my wife out too...to bug her sometimes, I do the freaky whispering voice....."Joseph"....I swear I just got chills writing the name! Argghhhhhhhh.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I love The Changeling. It's one of my all time horror faves. I like the fact that it's a spooky, make you jump movie.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's Alive. A hideously deformed baby commits a series of grisly murders.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
The Amityville Horror (1979)

This is a good old fashioned horror movie.
These old haunted house films really give me the creeps.
IŽll have to check out the two sequels too.

-

I have just watched The Amityville Horror.

I am well acquainted with the book.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands of the Ripper--Jack the Ripper's daughter wigs out in this excellent, underrated Hammer Film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane. A 13-year-old girl who lives independently in a Canadian coastal village is not above murder, deception and lies to protect her secrets.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home