iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » The Trap Door

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Trap Door
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Trap Door was a claymation-style animated television series, originally shown in the United Kingdom in 1984. The plot revolves around both the daily lives and the misadventures of a group of monsters living in a castle. Although the emphasis was on humour and the show was marketed as a children's programme but also for famliy entertainment, the show drew much from the genres of horror and dark fantasy. The show has since become a cult favourite and remains one of the most widely recognised kids' shows of the 1980s.

The Trap Door - Breakfast Time

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting show.

I've always been a fan of claymation with "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and "Mr. Bill" from Saturday Night Live fame leading the way.

Oh and the "Everybody Wants Some" scene from "Better Off Dead" is way cool.

On a darker note.. how about Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride"?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. That was brilliant. Amazing how fluid it is. You expect stop/start in the movement but that was very minimal in that.
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked up the DVD:

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have watched The Trap Door. It is a delightful series.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
This was a children's television show in the 80's.

It was sinister and unsettling at the time, and it's called, ...... Chocky. It was about a friendship between and boy and an alien from outer space.

http://youtu.be/e3ztIDFU2P8

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home