iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Muffy's Amazing Stories appreciation thread (if you haven't watched them you should!) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Muffy's Amazing Stories appreciation thread (if you haven't watched them you should!)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. I have a PS3 in the basement.. thanks for the info... you have just convinced me to join! I'm still keeping my purchase of the "Amazing Stories" DVD since it was so cheap, but the future looks Netflix bright.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only signed up for Netflix maybe a month ago....unfortunatly I don't have a Wii or PS3 to set it up on my tv.....but stuff plays really good quality on my computer. I only pay $13.99 for two dvd movies plus unlitmited instant watch. I'm loving it! and have watched so much stuff so far....my queue is so full of movies I can't catch up and I just keep adding [Smile]

I can't wait to hear what you guys think of Amazing Stories..........yay!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched from Season 2

Welcome to My Nightmare:
A cute story about a boy obsessed with horror movies.
starring in small roles Steve Antin, Christina Applegate and Robin Lively It was awesome!

-  -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try and watch a bunch of these this weekend!

Valley, you are going to love the Instant Watch feature of Netflix. It's like a gigantic version of cable On Demand for a much, much cheaper price (I have the $8.99/month subscription). Make sure you request the instant streaming disc for the Wii on Netflix if you haven't already done that.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes valley, i just asked D and he said that we have the disc for the PS3....thanks Veronica, i completely forgot about the disc part, but i didn't know there were different ones for different consoles. good to know! [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
my tech question is? if you stream it through a game console do you have to have a Internet router? I have DSL?
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, yes you will need to have a wireless router installed in your home. I bought one for like $30 at Target.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anybody watch any? I'm dying here [Big Grin] I'm gonna try and finish up Season 2.....gotta admit a few of Season 2 are actually not as good....Moving Day with Stephen Jeffreys is a cool idea but sorta boring.
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Amazing Stories: Season 1" is in my possession.. I'll start watching tomorrow night. Wow.. it was original $49 and I got it for $11.97.

Also, received my Netflix instant watch disc today.. loving how easy it all was to setup. Thanks.. Muffy, Veronica, and Ronnie for the help.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay valley!!! i'm literally dancing for you. doing the "Cece" dance like she does in Modern Girls. [Wink]

i started watching Amazing Stories. i got to episode #4..the mummy one. i loved the 2nd story, the one with the meteor and the magnet dude lol. he had some snazzy sneakers. [Big Grin] i know that style has definitely come back!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Are you loving them Ronnie? the 2nd one is one of my favs! i'm so excited........!
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
That's awesome Valley! There's so many movies and shows to choose from...you're going to find yourself browsing through them all for hours.

I watched the 1st two episodes of season 1. Liked them both a lot...The second episode was hilarious! I loved the nerdy girl! She looked really familiar to me.

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I loved 80's nerds! over stylized but oh so lovable and awesome :)That episode is so great!

-

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

aaaaahhhh! haha that girl was so nutty! her shoes were cool though, wasn't she wearing white ruffle socks in this?
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I loved the nerdy girl! She looked really familiar to me.
Wasn't she in the car with Tim Robbins in 'The Sure Thing'?

[ 28. September 2010, 12:22: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
I think you're right Logan!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the first two episodes yesterday.
I was surprised that the episodes are so short,
only 25 mins each.

Anyway, Ghost Train was so-so sentimental Spielberg stuff.
Nothing special plotwise but nicely done.

The Main Attraction hit the jackpot!
Awesome episode, lots of laughs and a cool cast.
Pure 80s teen magic!

I´m going to check out more eps later.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched episodes 3 and 4 yesterday.

Alamo Jobe had an interesting time warp story and starred Kelly "The Black Stallion" Reno.
He only acted in three movies plus this Amazing Stories episode
and after you read his bio, you know the reason why.

Kelly Reno bio

Mummy Daddy was a very funny episode with a strong cast.
Tom Harrison was great as the Mummy, you really care what´s going to happen to him.
And you haven´t even seen the real guy under the mummy costume [Cool]

Supporting actors like Bronson Pinchot, Brion James and Tracey Walter always deliver.
Walter´s character had a cool trailer with movie posters on the wall.

to be continued...

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is among the top on my "Must Have" list. In that I mean I Must Have every season. My friend was kind enough to buy me the 1st season for my BDay...but i'm definitely getting the rest.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I really glad you guys are enjoying them! [Smile]

I thought Alamo Jobe was just soso.

Mummy Daddy is great........can't wait for more feedback Atomik and Veronica!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched episode 5 "The Mission" yesterday.

It was a cool Spielberg penned war story with an all-star cast.
Starring Kevin Costner, Casey Siemaszko, Kiefer Sutherland and some other familiar faces.
The lovely Karen Kopins also has some screentime.

This was a longer (45 minutes) episode.
Poor little Casey is in trouble again [Cool]

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
How the time flies...

Watched episodes 6-8 yesterday.

"The Amazing Falsworth" with Gregory Hines and Richard Masur.

A serial killer story, the two on screen murders must have been pretty shocking back in the day.
Decent acting, yammy Kiss Kiss -bar neon lights, "it´s all in the hands".

"Fine Tuning"

Great to see Matthew Laborteaux and Gary Riley.
The beginning was good but it turned out to be a very silly episode.
Stupid aliens [Cool]

"Mr. Magic"

Old magician who has lost his act gets one final chance to be hip and cool.
Nice little story starring Sid Caesar and Leo Rossi.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no word on a Season 2 DVD release?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nope sucks huh? and it isn't on Netflix instant watch anymore either [Frown]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Episodes 9 & 10

"Guilt Trip"

Guilt takes a vacation, meets Love and they fall in love.
Directed by Burt Reynolds and starring funny guys Dom DeLuise and Charles Durning and lovely Loni Anderson.
Nice little idea but wasn´t that special after all.

"Remote Control Man"

Now this was a crazy story.
Directed by Bob "Porky´s" Clark and Starring Sydney Lassick, Nancy Parsons, Jeff Cohen, Dirk Benedict, Gary Coleman
and other 80s tv-stars. Even KITT crashes in! Surprisingly wicked stuff!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home