iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » 80's Television Quiz (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Television Quiz
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yip. any amount of time makes a difference. perhaps while watching Magnum it should be tinkered with.
watched maybe 6 or 8 episodes before Higgins said their names. when i saw the dogs sitting there i did get a little excited.
ACDC has some very cool riffs.

my third update was in My Science Project. Have you seen this movie

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it takes ages to get good at guitar for most people. I will do the Magnum theme soon I think. Yep, get out the Ibanez next time you sit down for Magnum. I just finished figuring out the solo for You Shook Me All Night Long - It took me about 4 days of listening to it and practising it for about 2 hours a day. I try to figure it all out by ear so it's time consuming.

It's about time Higgins spilled the beans on the names of his two pets. Those dogs are ultra cool.

I remember seeing that movie once a few years back. I don't really remember if it was good or not but perhaps I will have to check it out again.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where did the Jeffersons live?
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got no idea. That show did not get much air time here in OZ when I was growing up. I do remember seeing it. I will take a guess. I am assuming they would have been living in one of the N.Y boroughs. I will take a guess. The Bronx?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

New York City. Nice guess
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I guess I am technically wrong then cos they weren't living in The Bronx - I was fairly sure it would have been N.Y somewhere.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Ill give it to you Bernie.

Here is another. What was the name of the ship in The LOVE BOAT?

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have seen the show. It was on TV here a bit over the years but was never a big watcher. I have seen only a few episodes. I am assuming the ship is not called The Love Boat but that would be my best guess.

What is the function called that allows K.I.T.T. to jump over things in Knight Rider?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Ill give you the answer to that Mr. Lomax next Tuesday!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Call me Bernie. I mean my father is Mr. Lomax, right?

I thought you would know that one. It's an easy Knight Rider question.

I have no excuses for not knowing the name of the Love Boat. What is it?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

since you and i seem to be the only ones playing, here is the answer.

Pacific Princess

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I would never have got that in a million years. Perhaps people see that we are playing our own little game and are respectfully leaving us to it [Smile]

I assume you are watching Knight Rider next Tuesday night?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

just u and i Bernie.
I am gonna watch some Knight Rider tonight at 9 oclock. Will be flipping between that and the college world series.
Im gonna throw a guess out before i watch.....is it the flux capacitor, b

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
No, but in Knight Rider if Michael can see that there is something in the way and needs to jump over he hits a button. The name of that button is what I wanna know. I will give you small hint. It's initials are T.B. I believe the flux capacitor is for time travel in Back to the Future.

It's hard to believe that as much time has travelled between 1955 and 1985 as it has has from 1985 to 2015.

Do you guys have constant reruns over there? I might start a thread up soon about television in America and how television in the rest of the world sucks. Our television networks in OZ are trash. There is hardly ever anything decent on.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Some channels show alot of reruns of stuff from the 80s and older. They change them up every now and then. Seinfeld, Magnum, Married with Children, Knight Rider, Hart to Hart, Gilligans Island, some old westerns, Miami Vice, Starsky and Hutch,Charlies Angels, Quantam Leap.
I wish they would bring back Taxi, Whos the Boss, Cheers, Brady Bunch, Jeffersons and Good Times just to name a few.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
How many channels do you guys get in America?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

We have satellite. Just the basic channels. A person could get quite a few channels if they don't mind coughing up the cash. The Basic, Its over 100 channels but only 50 or so are to our tastes.
The local channels(free TV) actually have some decent stuff. They play a lot of the reruns I mentioned before including Knight Rider that is about to come on.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
What is the pay TV situation? How many channels could you potentially get? How long has pay TV been around for in USA? How many channels are on free TV?

Pay TV only came here in about 94-95. I was one of the first people in Australia to have it cos my mum worked at the satellite company. Unfortunately that company was short lived and got taken over. There was only about 4 channels to start with. I suppose now it would have 50 or so channels. I don't have Pay TV any more because it costs way too much. If you want all the channels it cost over $150 a month. Free TV has improved here. There used to be only 5 channels for the last 30-40 years and now there is about 15. Mostly have crap reality TV shows though. There are a couple of channels that do some reruns but it's not much. Recently there has been Starsky & Hutch, T.J Hooker, Beverly Hills 90210 (guilty pleasure), Taxi, Charlie's Angels but there needs to be more.

I was watching Against All Odds (1984) the other night and the security guard had a vicious but well trained Doberman - it reminded me of the lads from Magnum.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Turbo Boost was mentioned 7 minutes into this episode. Its funny, this very recognizeable Volkswagon keeps showing up in different scenes even though its not being driven by any of the characters in the show plus a wood paneled station wagon.

Depending on where you live you can get cable TV or Satellite Dish. We live in the country and can only get a satellite dish since the cable TV is mainly in the populated areas. Not sure how many channels are possible but you could get more than a person really needs. Since free TV is through a special receiver box that we do not have hooked up , I cant answer that Bernie, although like yours it has improved greatly also. Our satellite bill is $75 a month.

HAHA! Yes , that Doberman was vicious. I have always liked scenes with dogs showing their teeth. Love that movie. I like when she stabs the guard in the hand with the scissors.

Remember Dinky in Vacation growling at Clark. Crax me up

I first remember pay TV around 1980 and it was like 13 channels.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Turbo boost, you got it. Only 7 minutes in. Not 10 episodes to get the answer this time. I never noticed the VW. I have noticed many times though that when he uses Turbo Boost you can see the ramp (you can't miss it most of the time)

$75 I would pay but not $150. There is only one pay TV company here so they have the monopoly.

Against All Odds is great. I first saw it as a kid and remember mainly the Porsche/Ferrari race scene but have seen it a couple times since. The first time I saw it I didn't really like it that much but watched it the other night and thought it was great. The one thing I liked about the Doberman is that besides growling and showing it's teeth that it actually tapped it's teeth together (classic) - You know that it's possible that given the year of the movie (1984) that it could have potentially been one of the lads from Magnum.

Dinky was great until the dog killer had his way with him. I had a pooch like him when I was a kid [Big Grin]

Pay TV in 1980 - I had a feeling it had been around at least that long in USA. We are so far behind the times here. Some people say "Hmm Australia - didn't that used to be a penal colony?" And I say "Whadda ya mean, used to be?" [Big Grin]

What episode of Knight Rider was on? I used to have the episode with the gypsy kid Tino on videotape.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

yeah. the Porsche/Ferrari scene was great and I have never forgotten it. It was in the trailer and It was one of the reasons i had to go see it.

The teeth clack by the doberman was great. Nice catch Bernie.

not sure what the episode was but the girl Knight was helping was blind. KITT got put in a car crusher but was able to launch itself out at the perfect angle

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
My mum thought that the Doberman teeth clacking was dubbed on but it wasn't. If you look closely the dog does tap it's teeth together at the precise time as the sound of it. She did observe though that the Doberman could have been restrained with a leash that the camera is not showing. I think this is possible.

I might buy some Magnum and Knight Rider. When I first got Pay TV I did not know if it was going to be a short lived thing so I went to work videotaping many of the series that came on. I have all but lost all these videos over the years but I used to have all the episodes for many shows including Knight Rider, Magnum, The A-Team, Taxi, Who's The Boss, My Two Dads, Starsky and Hutch, T.J. Hooker, Rawhide and a few others I can't think of now. I wish I still had all those tapes.

I used to have a Doberman about 15 years ago too. It's funny cos they all look pretty much identical especially in the face.

[ 26. June 2015, 13:28: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Pay TV is not needed but my wife wanted it even though she doesn't watch it much and having a child now we will keep it but before I was married I did not have pay TV. It was easy to just watch my favorite movies, TV series and motocross/supercross races that my dad would record for me. Bummer you cant find all those tapes you recorded. DO you still have a VCR?

My wife has a miniature Doberman/Chihuahua. Shes a pretty good dog.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah. I still have a VCR but you can't record on them now because if you are using a digital TV the VCR can't record off of it.

That's a strange mix of dog.

[ 02. July 2015, 02:42: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have pretty much finsihed watching the 3rd season of Magum. I think I enjoyed it more than when I watched it twenty years ago.

I think the acting is quite good. Tom Selleck and John Hillerman really do a great job as does Roger E. Mosley and Larry Manetti. I can't get over how good the character of Higgins is. It is a really well thought out character but whoever writes the dialogue for Higgins must get completely mentally exhausted.

Tom Selleck does a great job playing Magnum and often does look at the fourth wall but obviously it's intentional. It's a bit cheesy him always doing that but I guess they made the decision to do it and stuck by it so that's cool.

I think the dogs Zeus and Apollo affectionately known as The Lads do a a great job. They are extremely loyal to Higgins and like to growl at and chase after Magum.

A pretty good show all in all.

I would love to have the mansion and The Ferrari.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home