iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » anyone know anything about a show called Stingray??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know anything about a show called Stingray??
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stingray was a show I never heard about that just got a dvd release?

Here's a writeup on IMDB.....I'd love anyone's input about it?

"Ray is a shadowy character with a mysterious 'secret agent' past. People in trouble often come to him for help, since he has a lot of important and powerful contacts. He refuses to be paid for his services; however, those seeking his assistance must promise him a favor. Some time in the future, Ray will come to them and ask to collect on that favor, giving them some task that is often arduous and/or dangerous. The title of the show comes from the vintage Corvette Stingray that Ray drives."

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, looks great! Thanks for the info Muffy.
Never seen the series but the premise sounds interesting.

Here´s the cool Stingray Opening Titles

It seems that first there was a Stingray tv-movie (1985)
and after that they decided do Stingray series that lasted two seasons.

The tv-movie was released on VHS here back in the day.

-

The one Stingray flick i do remember seeing was this 1978 movie.
Definately so bad it´s good stuff [Cool]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Stingray" was the brainchild of ace TV writer, the late, great Lawrence Hertzog ("Hardcastle and McCormick," "Hart to Hart," and "La Femme Nikita"). "Stingray" is wonderful! Hertzog later went on to do the even better "Nowhere Man," a little-seen all-time masterpiece. You can see the early development of some similar themes in "Stingray."

I was wondering when "Stingray" would make it to disc. It deserves re-discovery. You two will really like it: Nick Mancuso, the car, the premise, and the scenery are so cool!

[ 01. February 2011, 19:38: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to find some clips and all I kept finding was a kids show from the 60's lol

love how the poster titled it "absolutely cheesy opening"

I would say "absolutely awesome!" the DVD is only like $12.........which made me wonder what the deal was? it just got released?........might have to look into it soon [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I tried to find some clips and all I kept finding was a kids show from the 60's lol
*A* kids show? Are you telling me that you don't remember Stingray?! What about 'Joe 90'? 'Captain Scarlett'? 'Thunderbirds'?!

On a related topic... this show looks cool!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the old Gerry and Sylvia Anderson stuff too, Logan 5, though as I've said before, I can't look at that stuff with a straight face after "Team America: World Police." And it also bears repeating the Hertzog TV series "Stingray" with Nick Mancuso as the mysterious stranger with no past is indeed cool! [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home