iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » The Facts of Life (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Facts of Life
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You just scored some awesome points with that one, Cindy.
I WANNA SCORE AWESOME POINTS LIKE CINDY!!!!

You think *you* like the facts of life?! Well check this out:

I have a wig and girls clothes, and I dress like Blair whenever I'm at home! My home is made of balsa wood and one side of every room is completely open! The *only* music I own is the theme tune to the show, and I listen to it all the time! My doorbell is TWENTY MINUTES of random canned laughter and applause so everyone that comes to my house feels like an extra in the show!

TOP THAT!

quote:
I should pick some really bad show that I like and try to defend it against you rabble.
DO IT!

quote:
And no, it's not going to be "Small Wonder," a show that makes "The Facts of Life" seem like "Twin Peaks." :-)
I never thought I see the day when someone would actually cause me to invoke clause # 437:

"No show starring someone who has appeared in a summer camp movie may be likened to Twin Peaks in any way."

I'm sorry Crash, it's a real rule. 'Poison Ivy' renders your comparison inadmissible as evidence. Might I recommend some kind of substitution?

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I snorted ginger ale through my nose!

Seriously, I need a new guilty pleasure show. It has to be objectively terrible, yet oddly and compellingly defensible. And then I will use my skill of persuasion to convert those to the new cult.

[ 30. December 2010, 00:42: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG Logan you just scored loads of awesome points!!

The doorbell put you over the top! hahaha that was awesome!

-

and i'm really surprised how many photos there are when you google search "facts of life drag"

I've always loved FOL!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash and BernieLomax- your comments just about made me spew my coffe, I laughed so hard! Yeah, I rarely watched it when the girls got fat, moved to that other place and started wearing all of those huge blazers with the even huger shoulder pads. I thought it went downhill when they left their prep school.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie and Cindy.. while I'm not quite as dedicated to "The Facts of Life" as you both seem to be.. it was such an entertaining show that generates some great memories for me. And you have both given me so many great suggestions in the past that you know I'll watch anything you recommend.

Logan.. that posting above was just beyond brilliant .. well, until I realized that you might actually be serious.

Crash.. I'm starting to understand why you do so well with the ladies and watch mostly foreign flicks. [Wink]

Bernie Lomax.. great name you picked there [Cool]

We all have different things that we enjoy .. there are things I love and things I hate .. and I'll often be stunned when a good friend doesn't see things the same as me. But I still respect their opinion as long as they respect mine.. and that's the facts of life.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:

We all have different things that we enjoy .. there are things I love and things I hate .. and I'll often be stunned when a good friend doesn't see things the same as me. But I still respect their opinion as long as they respect mine.. and that's the facts of life.

Valley, all I'm going to say is "class", it's always been your thing [Smile] !

On that note, I'm off to shop at Over Our Heads...I'm going to get you an inflatable turquoise palm tree and a ceramic Charlie Chaplin decorative mask for your wall! [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cindy.. I've learned to appreciate the finer things in life. I even travel with my own wine. You never know the quality you may encounter at a soiree.

[takes a swig out of the wine bottle] Mm-hmm. I'm into class. It's my new thing.

Quinton is in.. let the fun begin!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash (bowing to you too)

By the way the comment I made saying that I learnt the facts of life from watching the facts of life was a quote from the Chip Douglas in the cable guy. But you're comment after that had me in tears. So funny.

I still think the blondie on the show was hot as but only early on...They all got blimpy after a couple of seasons.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Valley....Just noticed that comment. Thanks for the compliment. Weekend at Bernies was a childhood favourite. I still love it so much. A very quotable movie.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Crash.. I'm starting to understand why you do so well with the ladies and watch mostly foreign flicks. [Wink]

Valley, you seem to have some inside information. Got any stock tips? :-)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
OK, let's get the fun started again. It's been over 2 years so let's rake out our memories of The Facts of Life. I still think that Lisa Whelchel was especially hot in the early episodes but after that got as butch as the rest of them. I want to dedicate this thread to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today. Crash Fry.....this one's for you.....

[ 15. March 2013, 08:58: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were watching an episode of The Facts of Life this afternoon. It was Season 1, Episode 5. My Husband asked me why they got rid of half the girls going into Season 2. I have never heard what the reason was, and now I am curious. It looks like those other girls didn’t do much acting after that, with the exception of Molly Ringwald. That’s another topic my Husband asked about: how did she have such a big acting career, and those other girls got the shaft?!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think part of it was because John Hughes liked her
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yeah I figured he really liked her. I wonder why the other girls didn’t act much after that.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show wasn't working, so they re-tooled it and reduced the number of cast members which they felt was too unwieldy. One of the people they got rid of was Felice Schachter who also appeared in 'Zapped!'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home