iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Terrahawks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terrahawks
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Original Air dates: 1983-1986
UK

-  -

Intro

In the year 2020 Earth is under threat from Martian androids who want revenge on the human race. They consist of Zelda, her son Youngstar and her sister called Sister. An organisation is set up on Earth called Terrahawks, which is top secret to the rest of the world. This is led by Dr Tiger Ninestein with other characters such as Sergeant Major Zero.

Source: IMDb

-

-  -

I have memories of being scared sh1tless by, 'Zelda', the main adversary during the entire series.
 -

Anybody remember watching this during the 80s? Apparently this was shown in the states -- it'll be interesting to see if anybody from over there remembers it.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one of the toys. Loved that thing.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan,

Did you actually watch the series? If so, any thoughts?

I can't believe nobody else has posted -- this was an 80s classic* that I thought everyone must have seen. I guess not!?!.

* may not be true [Big Grin]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys got me. I do not remember this playing in the States, at least where I lived at the time. I loved Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's super-marionation (or whatever they called it) stuff when I was young, and then I saw "Team America: World Police," which means that I won't be able to look at any of their stuff now with a straight face. :-)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly can't remember this being shown here in the States when I was a kid.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good show J2ME, I preferred this to Thunderbirds and Stingray; don't remember any specific episodes, though.

I seem to recall it being aired quite randomly like early afternoons when almost no one could watch it. You know; the lost hour between Neighbours and Going For Gold!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Terrahawks went far beyond the UK (maybe to Aus / NZ, too).

I watched it but I don't remember being overly enthused about it. Then again, I didn't really like 'Thunderbirds' either.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
According to a comment left on this video, it was shown in the Boston area (WBZ-TV 4).
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Interesting. Wonder if it was just Boston?
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Decided to pickup the entire series -- fairly cheaply.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home