iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Sledge Hammer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sledge Hammer
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember this hilarious gem? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/
I found a few episodes on one of my husband's old videotapes. It still holds up- funny slapstick humor, starring David Rasche.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do! I asked Muffy for a review when she gets the chance to watch it. Glad it holds up!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my favorite shows. It used to air on Saturday afternoons I think, but maybe that was syndication later on. My dad and I watched it and laughed together. I have reviewed all the episodes as an adult and it is still makes me laugh [Big Grin]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both seasons on DVD. And yes, it still holds up beautifully. Perfect casting and great writing make it one of the best parody shows ever created (I especially like the Robocop episode ("Please note, my amigo and I are now one (randomly fires shots everywhere) That was a glitch; but it felt good.")).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I turned up this official website.

http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/

Relish it! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Lovers with Cassie, I found that website too. I'm so used to seeing David Rasche in serious roles. He was hilarious as Sledge Hammer. Now I've got to find the dvd's!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I am getting Season 1, disc one, through Netflix tomorrow. I had it on my queue, and it said short wait. Then they sent out the next two discs in my queue. They then sent an email informing me that they did not have the first disc in my area and were having it shipped from another facility. So I kinda got a third disc from them free. I just hope I don't have the same problem with the rest of the discs. I thought that was kind of a nice Thanksgiving surprise.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legendary show. One of the local channels back in the early 90's would air Sledgehammer followed by Parker Lewis can't lose, then Rachel Gunn RN. Does anyone remember that show?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught a couple of episodes of Sledgehammer back in the day - hilarious show. One scene I specifically remember is when the main character was on a date at a fancy restaurant, and in the background you could see waitresses fighting each other over which one of them would serve his table [Wink]

I also remember initially thinking that this show was based on the excellent Peter Gabriel song of the same name (1986).

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sledge Hammer is a forgotten gem, written by the great Alan Spenser, whom you can see as one of the gurus on Joe Dante's Trailers from H*ll website. David Rasche was just perfect in the part.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home