iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Out of this World

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Out of this World
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...right off the bat I'm gonna admit that the main reason I liked this show was because I had a major schoolboy crush on Mareen Flannigan.

-

-

...What can I say? She was a doll.

But aside from that obvious point...this show was pretty good.

Flannigan plays the part of Evie Ethel Garland, a young girl who discovers on her thirteenth birthday that her father is an alien named Troy, from the planet Antareus, who married her mother and "merged lifeforms" to create Evie. Evie's half-alien heritage gives her superhuman abilities. Most of the episodes revolve around Evie misusing her powers and causing some trouble, which she spends the rest of the episode trying to fix. Only Evie and her family know about her alien father and her powers, and many episodes depict Evie trying to hide her secret from other characters. The series ended on a cliffhanger in the Season 4 finale, where Troy came to visit and Donna took his place by accident and ended up in Antareus, leaving Troy stranded on Earth.

(Above Synopsis taken from wiki):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_This_World_TV_series

-

-

So, Was anyone else here a fan of this show?

Youtube Intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2UkZzdyD0A

[ 28. March 2015, 04:11: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked this show! wow, i wasn't aware of the finale, didn't know that's how it ended, sounds great. i take it, that this show was never released on dvd? i loved the opening theme. and evie's friend i remember as the little girl in cloak & dagger. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
i take it, that this show was never released on dvd?

Actually, it looks like it was released on DVD.

http://www.dvdavenue.tv/movie/comedy/out_of_this_world.html

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was while trying to find information about this show that I discovered The Rewind!!

Every episode is on YouTube -

http://www.youtube.com/outofthisworldseries

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my I loved this show [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
It was while trying to find information about this show that I discovered The Rewind!!

Every episode is on YouTube -

http://www.youtube.com/outofthisworldseries

thanks stitch..I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next week and a half...better get comfy cuz I'll be here for awhile
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this show alot!

I'd watched it as a kid on replays on a weekend day I don't think it was the original airing??.....I just watched a bunch of episodes on youtube a couple years ago that were uploaded from some foreign country complete with foreign subtitles.....cool to know they are all uploaded now!

I'm not sure that DVD is official?

Doesn't Kristen Bell remind you of Maureen Flannigan??

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
yeah...she does kinda look like her a little
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, now thats caught my eye....whoa! Calm down willy, calm down, dont wanna make Phoebe jealous now . . .yeah right.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
careful there Willy..hehe

I finally made it to the final season on the youtube channel Stitch provided...phew...i think I now know this show inside and out once again [Cool]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the second picture of maureen, she looks like christina applegate.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

-

Maureen was hardly ever dolled up with a lot of make up on Out of this World like Christina was on Married with Children. But on the rare occasions she was, I suppose they kind of looked alike.

[ 28. March 2015, 03:46: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home