iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » The Fall Guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fall Guy
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is the story of one of America's great unsung heroes. I mean you've seen him but you never knew who he was. You've cheered for him and cried for him and women have wanted to die for him. But did he ever get any credit or the girl? No! He's what we call the "Stuntman" and the reason I'm talking so fondly about him is, well because it's me, Colt Seaver. Anyway, picture work isn't wall-to-wall employment so maybe you wonder how a guy keeps his head together? Well, one way is to wait by the phone and wait and wait. The other is to take an occasional job with the court system of the United States of America where a man is considered innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately sometimes a lot of these people get out of jail on what we call bail and they'd run like hell! ...and that's where I come in. I sometimes pick up rent money trying to find them and bring them back to justice.

-

Lee Majors was one of my childhood heroes as Steve Austin in "The Six Million Dollar Man".  The crazy awesome two part episode with Bigfoot will be etched in my mind forever.  Did you know Sandra Bullock was made bionic in the 80's?

So that brings me to "The Fall Guy".. totally a fitting opening tune and Colt Seaver was such a cool dude.  He made being a stuntman bounty hunter look like a future career worth pursuing.     

-

But as annoying as Howie (Douglas Barr) was at times, Jody (Heather Thomas) was the incredibly charming hot girl that was the fantasy of most teenage guys dreams.  And don't think the show's producers didn't know it by putting her in a bikini whenever possible.  Thank you!!

But beyond that "The Fall Guy" was just a cool 80's tv show that I made a point to watch.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the un named stunt man that makes Eastwood look so fine [Smile] I loved this and totally had a little crush on Howie haha.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall liking this as a kid, but for some reason, can't remember one episode, or much of anything about the show...cept that I had the toy truck!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember having a Fall Guy T-Shirt as a kid,but the same goes for me i can't recall any of the episodes.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.. I know watching stuff like hulu.com can be less than desireable, but I noticed that season #1 of "The Fall Guy" is available if you want to bring back a few memories.

To be honest, I was kind of young too and barely remember any of the plots of the episodes either.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm the un named stunt man that makes Eastwood look so fine [Smile]
You beat me to it! Saturday night 'The Fall Guy' then 'Murder She Wrote' followed by 'Family Fortunes'. Memories!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhhhhh murder she wrote mentoned again . . . i really cant stand that nosey interfering old woman.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great show from my childhood. Waiting for shows like this to be upgraded to high definition.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
ahhhhhhh murder she wrote mentoned again . . . i really cant stand that nosey interfering old woman.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Great show from my childhood. Waiting for shows like this to be upgraded to high definition.
See... I'm the opposite. As far as I'm concerned, these shows were never shown or viewed in hi-def, so if they were upgraded they'd lose some of their charm to me. I like my old TV shows to be just a little frayed around the edges.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This looks like a cool show!
I´ve never heard of it and somehow this thread escaped me a year ago.

So thanks to young warrior for waking me up!

I guess they never aired this show here in Finland
but i would love to see all 112 episodes full of Heather Thomas bikini scenes [Cool]

"Oh aTomiK, you surprised me. You really need to get all The Fall Guy dvd´s"
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got season one but not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it....my house is torn apart for some renos...I even sleep with my paint brush! Should be able to check out the first episode soon. I know I mentioned this already in an above thread, but skipping through an episode reinforces that....if you asked me, I'd have said "I love this show"...but now I'm not sure if I've even seen an episode?? Maybe it was so bad...I blocked it out! Strange.....my memory about this stuff is usually pretty good. I'll keep yas posted....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Opppps....can't believe I rambled on without even mentioning Sir aTomiK's post.....thank for that. I had the infamous pink bikini by the hot tub poster, but don't think I've ever seen this one!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, Sir aTomiK - the knight in rusty armour [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for resurfacing this topic. I need to watch a few episodes of "The Fall Guy" soon.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw one episode of this show. It just didn't appeal to me at the time. And I always thought Heather Thomas looked so old for the 14 and 15 year old boys to be drooling over. I do have a Fall Guy puzzle and a Fall Guy lunch box (actually they're the hubby's). I think I bought him the Fall guy puzzle at a garage sale.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home