iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Small Wonder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Small Wonder
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember this show, but reruns are on Antenna TV. A man builds a robot little girl and passes her off as his adopted daughter! It's so silly I laugh out loud through every episode. Does everybody know this show?
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen one episode. The show seems to divide opinions, some cherish it while some truly hate it.

The idea sounds fun but i have my doubts and i hate laugh tracks.
The only cast member i know is John Hughes regular Edie McClurg.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Never seen one episode. The show seems to divide opinions, some cherish it while some truly hate it.

It's so bad, it's funny. While I laugh watching it, I can't say it's a good show.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I used to watch from time to time when it was on, but never got hooked to it. Pretty mediocre show when compared to other similar sit-coms of the time like Alf, Out of this World, or Punky Brewster.

[ 13. October 2016, 19:17: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
I remember I used to watch from time to time when it was on, but never got hooked to it. Pretty mediocre show when compared to other similar sit-coms of the time like Alf, Out of this World, or Punky Brewster.

I've actually never seen Punky Brewster. Is that an essential '80s show?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really depends on your taste in TV shows Jakey. Though there were the occasional dramatic episodes thrown in from time to time, (like the episode "Accidents Happen" that focuses on the Challenger Space Shuttle tragedy for example), most episodes were very cheesy and very 80's. I say if you enjoy other similar family friendly shows of the 80s like ALF, Diff'rent Strokes, Family Matters or Perfect Strangers, you'll enjoy Punky too.

[ 24. October 2016, 12:16: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In today's PC world, this show would never get the green light! Actually do remember when this was on, watched it quite a bit. Seem to recall it was on the same night as Mr. Belvedre. Guess the show's premise was that one day we would all be robots, so might as well get some cute girl to play one. Short Circuit was around then too! Would love to see a rerun to see if anything hold up from the era.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I don't think this show would get very positive feedback if it decided to make a comeback today. I just remember it being pretty bad. Awful 80s jokes that I don't think even a 6 year old would laugh at. And some of the worst special effects of the 80s as well. Again, like I said in my previous post, there were much better shows than this one they could bring back.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home