iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » YOUNG INDIANA JONES TV SHOW

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YOUNG INDIANA JONES TV SHOW
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are people's thoughts on this (admittedly 90's) show?

-

Despite being a huge Indy fan, I remember not really digging it back when it aired, but taste changes with time, so I thought maybe check it out again. Though watching a few clips on YT didn't make me any wiser as to whether I should pick up the dvds or not.

Anyone here likes it and has the collection?

Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Young Indy when it was aired here and remember thinking that it was ok. There was also a comic book if i recall correctly.

I have The Early Years and The War Years dvd sets(still missing the 3rd set).
DonŽt know when but someday iŽll watch it again. Who knows, it might even feel better this time.
Just checked out and there seems to be few interesting names among the supporting cast.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, plenty of stars-to-be as supporting players like Jeffrey Wright, Catherine Zeta Jones, Daniel Craig, Elizabeth Hurley etc. And big names like Vanessa Redgrave, Christopher Lee and even Harrison Ford himself making a cameo.

The thing I remember not really liking back in the day was the stories and the production value. I thought some episodes were rather lightweight and more towards silly comedy, and having California and (I believe) Czech republic having to pass for all kinds of locations from Africa, India, Asia and so on, just didn't look that convincing. Maybe I was asking too much of a 90's medium budget TV show and could relax and enjoy it more today for what it is.

Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen a couple but Im thinking they weren't memorable.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
You're right, Terd... not very memorable. Which is probably Why I should pass.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home