iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Midnight Caller (1988-1991) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Midnight Caller (1988-1991)
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On to Strange Luck... [Smile]
Posts: 2087 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing new to report here. However, I just recently read an interesting article from 2015 about how music copyright issues have kept older TV series from being released to DVD/Blu-ray.

I suspect that this is the reason the underrated Midnight Caller hasn't ever been released to home video - too bad:

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/3/7145231/shows-not-on-dvd-music-rights-wonder-years-wkrp

Posts: 425 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nft80s, I think that you are right. There's is no doubt that a heavily music-leaden series would cost a lot in royalties. Look how long it took The Wonder Years to show up on DVD. And that was one of the most popular shows of its era. Very few remember Midnight Caller, a show destined to a made-on-demand DVD service like the Warner Archive, with altered music tracks, IF it ever gets released.
Posts: 2087 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home