iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Fortune Dane (1986) Carl Weathers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fortune Dane (1986) Carl Weathers
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Fortune Dane is a short-lived 1986 television series which aired on ABC.
The show was produced by The Rosenzweig Company (Gagney & Lacey) and co-produced by the main actor Carl Weathers´ Stormy Weathers Production.

Fortune Dane, a former football hero, is a police detective in a medium-sized city called "Twin Rivers".
Things get pretty rough and he quits the force and goes after a killer to "Bay City".
There he meets his new "team" and is offered a job in the local police force.

Only 5 episodes were made and nobody on the internet seems to know what happened.
I just watched the two part pilot episode and it was good.

The show co-stars Daphne Ashbrook, Joe Dallesandro, Alberta Watson and Penny Fuller.

Weathers is ultracool, i liked the screenplay and there was enough action to keep thing interesting.
I also liked the score and there was at least five people making music for this show.

Vidmark has released the pilot in the US on VHS so all Weathers fans should check it out.

Fortune Dane trailer

Finnish VHS cover art:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just noticed that they've got the full pilot episode on YouTube - https://youtu.be/9i_o5LL7LU0
I'll have to check it out.

Sonny Landham appears as well now this does sound cool!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home