iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Honorary 80's Shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Honorary 80's Shows
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of my favorite shows as a kid, I automatically claim them as 80's gems. I was quite surprised to see a few of my favorites not even make it into the decade. What are everyone's favorite shows you watched as a kid, that didn't quite make it into your favorite decade...but we'll just keep on saying the're from the 80's....basically 70's and 90's shows that just missed the wire....

Mine are: Battlestar Galactica, The Six Million Dollar Man, Wonder Woman, and All In The Family...if anyone asks...all from the 80's!!!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
quote:
...Mine are: Battlestar Galactica, The Six Million Dollar Man, Wonder Woman, and All In The Family...if anyone asks...all from the 80's!!!
IIRC, "All In The Family" changed its name to "Archie Bunker's Place" during the 80's.

IIRC, Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker) got bored with her role and left the show. So the producers "killed" off the character by writing that she had died in a car accident. And with Archie's daughter Gloria having married and left the house, that left him all alone. So, Archie bought Kelsey's bar and had his own business. Also, his niece Stephanie came into the show.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twin Peaks came out in 1990 but I always think of it more as an 80's show.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home