iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What's in your local paper today?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's in your local paper today?
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today in the Wangaratta Chronicle, we have -

* a local woman is being charged with murder after a man she set alight last month died on the weekend.

* a mini tornado ripped through town on Monday, ripping roofs of a few houses and demolishing a couple of trampolines

* a local women stopped the bulldozing of a cluster of peppercorn trees by citing the "significance" of the trees - they are over a hundred years old and she used to play in them (when they were saplings, I'd say)

* a local couple celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary

* Carols by Candlelight is being held this Sunday night, and all lyrics are printed in today's paper

* today's "Pet Profile" is me! And my kitten "Voldemort"!!!!

* Wangaratta took 3rd place in the Ovens and Murray Lawn Bowls Association

Local papers really give a great idea of what life is really like. Whenever I go on holiday, I like to read local papers to get the general feeling of a community.

What's happening in your local papers today?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Last Charges Dropped in Wilder Bison Case

*Fire Damages Bismarck Home

*Stray Cow Shot After Disrupting Bridge Traffic

*Lincoln Man Accused of Breaking Police Chief's Nose

*'The Nutcracker' Begins on Friday

*Mandan School Board Works On Agreements

*Bismarck Police Investigate Stabbing

*Lottery Winner Plans To Help His Children

*Ice on North Dakota Waters Not Yet Stable For Anglers

*Seventh Cougar Killed in Unit 1

*U-Mary Men's Basketball Team Hating the Road

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Rescue Rally for lost pets (love it!)

* Endangered whooping crane shot dead (hate it)

* NCAA Cross Country Nationals story (its held here)

other than than, its national news. Its a pretty slow around here.

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EJ, do you hate the whooping crane, or do you hate that it was shot dead?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I like the one about the Lincoln man accused of breaking the police chief's nose LOL!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate that it was shot! It's endangered and some crazy person didn't like the sound it was making. Some people!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "Ocean Grove Voice":

* Kangaroo (North Melbourne) football player marries his girlfriend in Ocean Grove.

* Free shuttle bus now running once again
between Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove.

* Police to ensure that New Years' Eve can be celebrated safely.

* Two twin sisters burnt in a freak barbecue explosion two days before Christmas return home to celebrate Christmas Day with their family.

* Ocean Grove Tranquility Fair to be held on Saturday.

* Fire fighters bring under control a fire at an unoccupied display home in a retirement village.

* Ocean Grove boat ramp gets a revamp.

* Police attend a two car collision in Presidents Avenue in which nobody was hurt.

* Father Christmas tours Ocean Grove, with his visits including Safeway, the Cricket Club and Ocean Grove Pizza and Pasta.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
LoverswithCassie - Go Rooboys! They're my team of legends!!!

Here's the picture of me and Voldemorte that was in our paper...

-

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
LoverswithCassie - Go Rooboys! They're my team of legends!!!

Here's the picture of me and Voldemorte that was in our paper...

-

Interesting article, Stich Groover. Thank you very much for posting. [Smile] [Wink]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Thanks, by the way, I'm the one with the glasses lol!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Thanks, by the way, I'm the one with the glasses lol!

I was already aware of that! I have seen your picture on your profile! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home