iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What's your weather like there?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your weather like there?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is super hot and humid here...it feels like summer has arrived!

Does anyone have big summer plans to go on vacation anywhere, or do anything monumentous?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're on the East coast right? I grew up there (NJ)and it gets a lot hotter than people think. I'm in Kansas City now and it's getting muggy. Pretty soon it will be mid to high 90s and humid. Yuck! We are in the middle of tornado season right now, and, we are getting a bunch of them. A month ago a tornado hit the neighborhood next to my moms and flattened a bunch of houses. Nobody was killed but I sure feel bad for those poor people. We had hours of severe thunderstorms, high winds, hail, and, buckets of rain last night. Screwed up my fishing today! At least no tornado's touched down where I live.

- jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was 97 here today and projected for 100 here tomorrow. It seems like the hot temps get here earlier and earlier every year. Maybe the global warming theory is correct or either it's simply running in cycles. We seldom get heavy snowfall in the winters either here like we used to. We have plans to go to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in July. I can hardly wait!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jdoc-Yeah...I am in central PA. We just finished sticking the air conditioners in all the windows. I never had air conditioning until I was 18 years old....I am not sure how I ever survived. I'd love to have central air, but my house is an old Victorian...so it would be hard to add it.

We don't get the heavy winters here any more, but the older I get.. the more I don't like all the snow anyway....I couldn't stand not having snow at Christmas...but after that, I hate the cool dreary weather we get for months.

jdoc-Tornados scare me to death, I have never lived anywhere that they were a huge threat.
I have seen alot of them on the Weather Channel hitting alot of places recently. Stay close to the basement (if ya got one)

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's going to get blisteringly hot in PA the next few days, just as I head out on vacation to the Northern Tier and take a good long hike around the Grand Canyon of PA.

You're right, it's not Christmas without snow, and likewise it is harder to put up with when you're driving. But on the other side of the coin, if it weren't for colder winters, would we appreciate summer as much?

Fortunately I also have never lived through a tornado, although I did indirectly live through Hurricane Charlie 4 years ago when we were in Fort Lauderdale, and when one moves inland, we often get the rain, which can sometimes get a bit hair-raising at times.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in july i am going to rush and then sence i can get into hearshy park for free i am going to drive up thair for a day and ride all the rides than in late july i am going to see the police/elvis costello then in august sence i can get into cedar point for free i am going thair and ride all the rollcosters and then i am going to see poison/sebastion bach/dokken and then i am going to see judas priest/black sabbath/motorhead/testament labor day weekend i am going to cruefest
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's lovely and cold here right now, we've just started Winter. Last night was about 5 Celcius, just nice for snuggling in the doona. The days have been warm, around 15 degrees, as long as the sun is out.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
jdoc-Yeah...I am in central PA. We just finished sticking the air conditioners in all the windows. I never had air conditioning until I was 18 years old....I am not sure how I ever survived. I'd love to have central air, but my house is an old Victorian...so it would be hard to add it.

We don't get the heavy winters here any more, but the older I get.. the more I don't like all the snow anyway....I couldn't stand not having snow at Christmas...but after that, I hate the cool dreary weather we get for months.

jdoc-Tornados scare me to death, I have never lived anywhere that they were a huge threat.
I have seen alot of them on the Weather Channel hitting alot of places recently. Stay close to the basement (if ya got one)

I pray none of you ever have to see a tornado "up close and personal". I have and I can tell you, it's not cool...

StitchG,

Sounds like you're having the best weather of all of us...

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow...it is cooler in Miami right now than it is here at my house. We just were in at the park doing stuff for Relay For Life....we thought we were going to die, it was so hot...we are going to go back later tonight when it cools down. I only got half way around the track, and there was a group that was doing face painting and their face painter hadn't got there yet, so I asked if they needed help, and painted about 15 kids faces, and helped them raise some money. That was pretty cool. But, the heat is horrible...people will kill over out there in it.

I have a terrible sore throat and can barely talk, so I had to leave and get out of the heat.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hot hot hot, and I live in scandinavia... must be global warming:) got the window cracked and the fan going full blast!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is the first nice day we've had all week. The sun is actually out compared to the cloudy, rainy and windy stuff we've been having. Still windy but at least it's pleasant out. Unfortunately my outdoors stuff is pretty limited right now since my back surgery. But tonight and the next few days we're supposed to have thunderstorms. Hopefully they won't be as bad as what other parts of the country have been experiencing so far this year. Lots and lots of nasty storms so far this season here in the US.

Hey JDocster I've seen a few tornadoes but never up close. I wouldn't mind traveling around with tornado chasers sometime that seems like the ultimate rush to me. I'd rather do that then say go on a roller coaster or go parachuting.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn hot! I played golf today and suffered. Like an idiot, I walked all 18. Definately taking a cart tomorrow.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hot as hell. The thermometer in my classroom says 83.5.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
hot hot hot, and I live in scandinavia... must be global warming:) got the window cracked and the fan going full blast!

I would like to clarify to our American friends that Scandinavia is in a part of the world that we refer to as Europe and is normally associated with snow and saunas... [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

ps The heat here in Germany (also in Europe)has gone to my head and making me act a bit weird and therefore I can be held in no way responsible for the surreal nature of any of my posts today... [Smile]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we had some nice 70 degree weather topped with rain the past few weeks and them WHAMMO! This weekend it was Heat Wave! Saturday was somewhere between 95-100 degrees and Sunday wasn't much better. Todays gonna be a hot one too...but then I think next week is the 80s....which I prefer.

Planning to go to Dorney Park with a bunch of kids in a few weeks.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It is going to be in the high 90's here today again...I don't know how people survived before air conditioning. I have to keep watering all my plants/flowers/gardens or they will die in a day in this heat.

I am going to Hershey Park on wednesday....I plan to be there early so we can ride stuff before it gets too hot.

I am always grateful for amusement parks that have lots of trees at them, for shade.

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its hot...its damn hot....and wet!
and thats ok if youre with a lady but it aint no gud sat at a computer [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by NOMS of the Dead:
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:

I would like to clarify to our American friends that Scandinavia is in a part of the world that we refer to as Europe and is normally associated with snow and saunas... [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

ps The heat here in Germany (also in Europe)has gone to my head and making me act a bit weird and therefore I can be held in no way responsible for the surreal nature of any of my posts today... [Smile]

Europe? I thought that was the name of an 80s band?
 -

Scandinavia AND Germany err, ahhh, Deutschland are in Europe?

I guess you're gonna tell me that Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland are in Scandinavia?

[Smile]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS- any bands playing at HERSHEY??

I know my friend saw DEF LEPPARD there a year or two ago.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Mamamia-that's where I just saw Van Halen at...David Lee Roth said he had fond memories of Hershey Bars as a kid. Who could make a smore without one.

It is also where Journey, Cheap Trick and Heart will be this summer..

Here's their website:

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hersheypark_stadium/index.asp

Here's another place I have gone to for great concerts:

http://www.pennspeak.com/

I might go back in September and see Eddie Money in concert...I love him.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's too hot here in phoenix... 115 degrees!
i'm practically living in my swimsuit!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home