iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went from 45 degrees and rain yesterday to very windy and cold and snowy by yesterday afternoon today same thing wind is brutal and snow and cold only in the 20's and flurries went to the doc and had bloodwork done this morning now we are staying home where it is warm. EJ loves Takashi i always use a spoon and dig it into the skin of the orange to start the peeling works pretty good for me with my problems with my wrists and hands lol!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We lost the Movieplex channel now. It was a free movie channel that played some of the same movies as the Starz channels. It seems like every few months, we lose a channel here and there. We have Comcast. Now if you want certain channels, you have to "upgrade" to a different program. Comcast recently bought Universal Studios, so a I guess someone has to pay for the buyout, meaning their customers. Eventually we'll proably end up with the basic 4 network channels, then they'll charge us $100 month just for that lol.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movieplex is gone?? what I have Comcast!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phew I still have it.......I have all the Encore channels so maybe it's included......they play some good 80's flicks.....sorry Pgirl
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we still have time warner cable and we pay 61.00 a month just for basic cable no showtime no hbo no nothing we watch fox and syfy channel and ion channel the most anyways but i can remember when we paid 24.00 a month for cable and had showtime and hbo included ridiculous!! time to get the dish i think.
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, bg, I pay $65 a month and do not get any of those channels like HBO or Showtime. I remember paying $35 a month, and we got more channels than what we have now.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
another lovely day in buffalo blowing snow since yesterday we had 4 inches yesterday and another 4-5 on top of that overnight only 18 with winds of 30 mph so glad i don't have to go anywhere today we could get 6-12 inches up until 6;00 tonight and alot of closings cause the roads are bad! hopefully it will be better tomorrow when i have to go to the wrist surgeon again which i am waiting for as burning pain is still in my left wrist and had more bloodwork done so i will find out if it is infected? also have to have him check the right wrist now cause i am dropping everything with both hands again lol it never ends!!
mchught91
Rewind Curious
Member # 8586

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mchught91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I don't know if anyone can answer me this but I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie I would really like to watch. I'm pretty sure it was produced in the 80s and all I really remember about it is that a girl goes to some school dressed like a boy so everyone thinks she is a boy. Well she becomes best friends with this guy and she later falls head over heals for but then she has to figure out how to tell him she's a girl...Does anyone know the name of that movie just from the basic plot I've given?
Posts: 1 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try "Just One Of The Guys"...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
bill is doing great still he is a little upset because he gained 6 pounds since he has been home i told him in 2 weeks he will be back to work and lose it not to worry lol his nephew charlie is coming home from iraq today so he is going to the airport with his mom and nephew charlie has not seen his twin baby boys yet since he was not home so channel 2 news is gonna film it and it will be on at 6;00 p.m. on nbc channel 2 here very cool he has 2 weeks here then dawn and charlie and their 4 kids are moving to germany where he will be stationed there for 2 years better then iraq!!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I'm back after having now electricity this weekend. We got 24 inches of snow. The city is still digging out. Many homes were without power, or still have no power. We used a kerosene heater to stay warm. My neighbor had us over and I made sloppy joes on her stove. She has a gas stove- I was S.O.L. with my electric stove lol. We are getting another 6-12 inches tomorrow, yay. I just hope we don't lose our power again.
We did get out to a Super Bowl party at a club we belong to. I was one of only 4 people there rooting for Indy. Oh well, Manning really screwed up.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
wow pittsburghgirl sounds like the october storm we had 3 years ago we were without power for 5 days it sucked lol!! we have no new snow here storm warning starting tonight into tomorrow but mostly for the souther tier we are just gonna get a inch or so here so they say? take care . and your right manning really did screw up that game besides that did anyone notice the play clock never stopped thru the whole game what was up with that?
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i won't be here tomorrow have to go to the hospital for my facet injections in my discs i will be there a few hours and then come home but i have to rest for the rest of the day so i will be back friday take care everyone and stay warm lol!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a sloppy joe?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
What is a sloppy joe?

A sloppy joe is a an American dish of ground beef, onions, sweetened tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings served on a hamburger bun. They took their name from the Sloppy Joe's bar where they were first invented in Key West.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds similar to one of my favorite leftovers - a meaty bolognaise sauce on toast!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

We are getting more snow tonight. I haven't seen this much snow since the blizzard of '93-'94. But this is even more snow than we had back then. I do remember the temperatures were way colder then too- minus 10 at night, and highs of 2 degrees during the day, lol. I am tired from shoveling. We went to my mother-in-law's house on Sat. and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk. It took about 2 hours. Then we got a great pizza from my favorite pizza place.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I wish I was over there with all the snow, it's just so opposite to what I've ever experienced!
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My driveway is a long dirt drive. It is just shy of a quarter of a mile. I never have it plowed, cost too much. So last night I parked the car at the end of the drive and walked in the snow to the house. Then this morning took the four wheeler up there and switched to my car. Today was one of those work days where there is no way I could call and say I was stuck!!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
dawn and charlie and their 4 kids are moving to germany where he will be stationed there for 2 years better then iraq!!

BG, you should PM or email Noms - he's stationed there as well. You never knoe, they might be close!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
dawn and charlie and their 4 kids are moving to germany where he will be stationed there for 2 years better then iraq!! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">BG, you should PM or email Noms - he's stationed there as well. You never knoe, they might be close!

You never know!

Germany rocks and they will love their posting here.

I however am due to return to Blighty in the next few months as I have been promoted and there are no spaces in Germany for my new ranks. [Frown]

Ich bin Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i am not sure what part of germany they will be in right now they are in texas for a month but i will find out and send dawn this website she is on the computer more then charlie though? by the way i went back on my diet last week so i will be in and out alot not good sitting on my pc all day lol lost 3 pounds already so that's a good thing going for 50 pound loss here i am sure i can do it done it before just have to stick to it this time forever lol
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I however am due to return to Blighty in the next few months as I have been promoted and there are no spaces in Germany for my new ranks. [Frown]
"Chief Troublemaker"?
"Captain of Metal"?
"Corporal of 80's Movies"?

I thought we were leaving Germany for good? By "we" I mean the armed forces, of which I am not a member.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I thought we were leaving Germany for good? By "we" I mean the armed forces, of which I am not a member.

Nope - not until our excuse for a Government gets kicked out come June, and the next administration starts taking some more sensible spending decisions.......
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know... I still feel like Hitler is a threat!

The worst thing bout the upcoming elections is I feel like we'll be replacing the bad with the equally bad. I know we need a change, but apart from the 'fringe' party's it seems to be the same old too-and-fro of middle ground. And will someone please create some banking regulations so this won't happen again?! It seems to me it should have been the first thing they did!

Still... at least Barclay's made more money than any other European bank. It's just a shame they don't share the wealth... what is the interest rate right now? A pfennig? A grote?

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home