iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 46)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you will have to keep us posted on the marathon!

Paul thanks for the note, well said.

Wishing everyone the best on here as well. Just remember to stay calm and be smart and help people when you can. We will get through this.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I GOT A FEVER,,,,,,,AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION.........IS MORE TOILET PAPER"
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What have you watched pittsburghgirl? Hope everyone is well.
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m getting on that! Going to go through a bin today. Ha ha! Not much else to do today, while we are all quarantining! Iv’e been watching lots of tv- Hill St. Blues and The Shield on Hulu, some crazy stuff on Netflix. Most of the few network shows I watch weekly are done for the season. Going to start getting my yard looking presentable soon. The weather has been decent in the Pittsburgh area for the past week. And the Hubby and I have been walking on a very nice rail trail along the Youghigheny River.
What is everyone else up to?

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Im still working full-time and the wife is reduced to part-time for now. I do have some free time though as usually this time of year it is tons of baseball. My 14 year old is a baseball star but we are shutdown for now and he really misses it. Doing alot of overdue cleanup on our land also. I really wanna watch just one of the guys.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerdNthePool - who is your baseball team? I'm really missing watching the Brewers right now. Hopefully at some point we have baseball this summer.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Lifelong KC Royals fan. Since the 70s. We just 20 minutes from the stadium. The greinke for Cain,Escobar and Oderezie( i doubt i spelled that correctly) trade with the Brewers was huge for the Royals.
I remember the Brewers from the 80s with Cooper, Ogilvie, Molitor, Yount, Thomas and so on. Tgey were fun to watch. Didn't they have a nickname for that team? Other than the Brewers of course.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Awesome! Yes, Harvey's Wallbangers! I was born in 80 so I don't remember '82 when they were in the World Series. I do remember a little bit after that when several of them were still playing. Then some good years with Yount and Molitor, that was the prime of my youth.

Very cool on the Royals. I was hoping you weren't a Cardinals fan! Yes that was a good trade for you guys. It's been really fun having Cain back with the Brewers. He's getting to be an old man, but boy he can still play. Had some amazing home run robberies this year.

Always good to chat with another baseball fan! I hope we have some baseball to watch this year.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checkin in to see how you're all holding up.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

doing good Pyro, thanx for asking. and yourself?

YES! Harveys Wallbangers. You'd think I would remember that one. Im getting super old brain. One guy I wish we hadn't got was Yost. Not a fan of his. Around these parts, my boys team has started back up practicing baseball and restart tournament play the 1st weekend in June. Will be nice to get back to the fields.

If the MLB/players screws this up due to money I will be like totally ticked. Like totally!

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Yes if MLB screws this up, it would be a disaster. I think they'd lose a lot of fans and can't afford to do that.

Awesome to hear your son's team is back to playing. My oldest is only 7 so they decided to cancel the season for that age group. Older kids are still going to play.

Yost was a guy I didn't love when he was here, but did miss him after he was gone. Main reason was because the next manager was a disaster. Really like having Counsell as our manager. Milwaukee kid and gets the game and the players. He's great to have and hope he's here a long time.

Hey Pyro, hope all is well during these crazy times!

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing ok in this utterly depressing ****show of a year.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Helen, i had a feeling you might be back here around this time of year. [Wink]

I'm doing reasonably well.. still buying more films on dvd and blu-ray than i could ever watch.. you know, the usual. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Glad to see you haven't changed [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been watching any movies lately. Strange considering, but I'm ready to watch a lot of horror this month.

Nice to see you back, Helen.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hi J2ME [Big Grin] Glad to hear! I waited a day for you to start that thread haha.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Just a piece of useless information. Remember the Tyson Douglas boxing match? Early 1990 on HBO. What movie was shown after the fight was over. I scored an old vhs live recording off hbo of the event from an estate sale for.50 cents. There were two movies. East coast was They Live. West coast was Police Academy 6.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha. I have never seen They Live. I just read a list of 50 “overlooked” movies, and it made the list.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

They live is alot like what the country is living right now. Watch it if you can.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Well TERDNTHEPOOL Good luck to your Chiefs! Bummed the Packers didn't pull it off. Would have been fun. The sting has worn off though but I'm sure on Sunday I'll be a little mad they aren't playing. I like the Chiefs to win but it's so hard to bet against Brady. More importantly, that TB defense is really tough. Still, you have Mahomes and a lot of weapons, so I'm going with KC. Good luck!
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Yesterday, the endless string of Corona-related news coverage was overshadowed somewhat by more bad news on a completely different level.

Holland's first and foremost rockband The Golden Earring issued a statement that founding-member / guitarist / songwriter George Kooymans was
diagnosed with ALS last December, and therefore the band will not perform again and after exactly 60 (!) years will cease to exist.

The band was formed in 1961 by a then 13 year old Kooymans and his next-door neighbour Rinus Gerritsen. They last performed onstage on Nov. 16
2019, roughly three months before the start of the Corona pandemic.

I honestly think everyone (and i literally mean EVERYONE) who grew up in Holland during the last half a century or so have seen The Golden Earring
perform onstage at least once in their lives, so you can imagine the impact when the news got out yesterday. In the evening it was featured on TV
talkshows, and it was front-page news in every newspaper this morning. It really is the end of an era, unfortunately..

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

So sorry to hear this, Johnny Rourke. I read about it earlier today. I can’t believe they had been together for 60 years!
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, this is huge here.. Here's George taking the lead on one of the band's more familiar songs during a gig in 2015 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrBFF5SsIM

As you can see in the clip they could still attract huge crowds, but they were never above playing small venues too.
For decades it was real easy here in Holland to catch them playing a live show at some place near your home at least
once or twice a year.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Well TERDNTHEPOOL Good luck!

Im feeling pretty good about the Chiefs pulling it out and that worries me. Haha. Will be interesting to see if Hill torches TB again like earlier this year, If Watkins plays will help, How many turnovers Brady has and KCs left tackle out. Mahomes is good out of the pocket anyways.
Dont get down too much, as you know GB has a great history and Bradys about done

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home