iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past week and a half were quite intense here. Work related circumstances eventually led up to
me quitting my job after 21 years, without any serious plans what to do next.

Brilliant or stupid ?

Only time will tell..

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brave move but if you thought that it was necessary then it was the right move.

Enjoy few films and take it easy for a while.

How is it in Netherlands, can you get money from some union, welfare?

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to here that Johnny. Must have been a hard thing to do . Perhaps a tremendous weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Whatever the story, I Hope everything worx out for you.
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear Johnny...hoping things will work out for you. When you look back, it's a shame we typically have to spend a gigantic portion of our lives working to make a living...often not stopping enough to smell the flowers. We've also learned that money can definitely not buy happiness.

Sending positive vibes that you can take a breather, and do some prioritizing. Though I'm not sure of the reasons or circumstances...make sure you tend to yourself, and consider a new plan eventually. You got this....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys !

Well, last week i was so angry with the way i was treated and disappointed with what they offered me.
But now i seem to have cooled down a bit, and being able to see things from a more objective point of view,
i'm still confident it was the right decision to make.

For now, it still leaves me with a lot of insecurities.. but that's just the way these things go, i guess.

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope everything works out for you buddy,I'm sure it will,my wife's job is on the line at the moment,she works at one of the big supermarket's over here called Sainsbury's and she works nights and they've now decided there doing away with night shifts to save on paying the night time premium and there either redeploying some staff to doing the day time shifts and the rest by the sounds of it will be made redundant!

Johnny remember what ol' Jack Burton would say at a time like this - https://youtu.be/KSswmeH_vyg

[ 17. April 2016, 17:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Roarke, best of luck to you. My friend did the same thing about 4 years ago. She quit her job of 20 years, just stormed out. They had been partially bought by a man that was a jerk. She got a new job within 2 weeks, and loved her new job. Her bosses treat her great, and they also do a lot of extracurricular activities, such as sponsoring a 5K run, and she helps with passing out water and snacks. I hope you find something where you like both your bosses and co workers, Johnny Roarke!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise Johnny. Similar to Pittsburghgirls friend.

Just last year my wife was wrongfully terminated after 20 years of dedicated service and outstanding work reviews. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise since they abused/took advantage of her and her coworker. Being left stressed out on a daily basis. She always went above and beyond doing things others should have been doing while being understaffed at her position. They never did hire any help for her and her coworker. But since the 2 were let go, that company has hired a total of 4 people to do what the 2 were doing before. Anyway, she got a job pretty quick and actually had a few offers within a couple weeks which was an amazing thing and she is much happier at her new job. She is not taken advantage of and the stress level is so much better and its even closer to home and I don't have to go to a company Christmas party anymore. Keep the head up and stay positive dude [Smile]

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hate most office Christmas parties too!

Indeed, folks often say when one door closes, another opens. I say that when one door is blocked by a**h****, you just take the other door. Hang in there!

[ 25. May 2016, 17:29: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This video had me in tears [Big Grin]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeCqUOTbRc

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
This video had me in tears [Big Grin]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeCqUOTbRc

Helen... I didn't know you were an American... or that you were a Star Wars fan...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, not gonna lie I would totally react the same! [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today marks 30 years since Hands Across America. I still have the song in my head!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Haha, not gonna lie I would totally react the same! [Razz]

What do you mean 'would'...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not enjoying this year's reunion with the cicadas. They seemed a lot cooler the first time, when I was 8. At 25, I don't remember even noticing them. Now... they are loud and obnoxious. The old man in me is screaming "Get off my property!"
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN! 25? Oh my, your not old by any means.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I will be in Ireland in a little over two weeks. I am going on a tour with my Father, in a tour group. We leave on June 15 and return to the U.S. on the 27th. I will post pictures on FB and Instagram when I return. If you want to send me a friend request, or vice versa, send me a private message here!
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN! 25? Oh my, your not old by any means.

25!?

I wish. I'm 42.

I just meant that the last time cicadas invaded us I was 25 (in 1999).

[ 01. June 2016, 17:57: Message edited by: RetroDaze ]

Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out The Beast Within and you want to destroy all of them (cicadas that is) [Big Grin]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilarious! The Beast Within is such a goofy thing. It's professionally made and acted, but it takes itself oh-so-seriously. C'mon now. A kid turns into a freaking cicada. How can anyone take that seriously? LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The 80s are alive and well. Today, at our local small town parade there was 5-6 floats that were 80s themed, it was great. A couple were Ghostbuster themed, a Back to the Future, Footloose and the best was 3 ladies on horses in 3 Amigos costumes.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Always nice to see the Valentine´s Day front page, so thanks again [Smile]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just asked Siri "Surely it's not going to rain again today?"

She said "It will - and don't call me Shirley!"

Then I noticed I had forgotten to take my phone off Airplane mode...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul I don't know if this is all a joke, or just the last part, but made me laugh hard! Did Siri really say that?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Paul I don't know if this is all a joke, or just the last part, but made me laugh hard! Did Siri really say that?

HA HA HA HA HA HA nope... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home