iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The spam on here lately is crazy.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
The spam on here lately is crazy.

Agreed!!

-

Do they really think we have enough readers here on the Rewind to care about ugg boots and or click to spam about them? lame! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Spam, the kind with cheese chunks. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like spam and tomato sauce butties  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about velveeta on fried spam?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am amazed at how many people say that they hate Spam, yet it's been on the market since 1937, so somebody's eating it because they sell millions of cans of it in so many countries.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the problem with 'actual' spam, we do have a problem at the moment, which appears every now and then. Nick and I are looking to see if there's any way we can sort it out by changing the user registration process, but until we do that we're kinda having to put up with it.

It looks like a number of automated bots randomly sending out garbage, and they've identified exactly what then need to send to us to be able to pass straight through the registration and posting process.

Believe me, it's tougher on me than it is on you, because I have to get rid of the posts (with Devo and Nick's help) and then go delete the accounts, and we're getting up to 25 new accounts a day sometimes, all of which need killing. Fortunately, they are pretty easy to spot once you're looking at them.

What I will stress once again, is NEVER click on any links in a spam post. That may well have been the root cause of our problem (much like replying to a spam email tells them that your address is valid, clicking on a link sends a signal back telling them they have been successful). Report spam, don't reply to the post, and never click on any links.

Hopefully we can sort this out soon.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Good luck with taking out the trash.

Paul, my PM still doesn't work, by the way. If you could take a look at it, I'd appreciate it.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Same goes for me.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I am amazed at how many people say that they hate Spam, yet it's been on the market since 1937, so somebody's eating it because they sell millions of cans of it in so many countries.

If I ever get to Hawaii, I am eating every type of Spam specialty that they make there- Spam omelettes, Spam with mashed potatoes and gravy, etc, etc.!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of my posts have been called spam....but not of the same variety!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best of luck gettin rid of these turd-bots Paul. At least they haven't figured out to post in any of the other forums outside of the 80's movie one.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We get the odd post in the 70s forum, but not the others yet.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reporting spam when it turns up on the discussion forums.

I have no use for it just as much other Rewinders.

Thank you moderators for sorting it out. [Smile]

[ 10. December 2011, 11:52: Message edited by: Lovers with Cassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Black pudding is life  -
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all [Smile] Havent been on much lately laptop probs, Have I missed anything exciting [Razz]
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
You missed Ronnie liking Never Been Kissed  -  -
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just been round my neighbours house to borrow a drill but he wasn't in, so I broke in and ate his fish tank and I wasn't even hungry......Ya won't catch me with me trousers.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seriously procrastinating writing out Christmas cards. Maybe I will wait until after dinner and have a few drinks while writing them out. Then I hope they get to the proper addresses! lol
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I hate those letters that folks include in their Christmas cards. They are usually about things that I don't care about, from folks I don't care about. And they usually go something like this (and if you've ever received at least one of these, then you know that I'm not really exaggerating that much):
"Well, 2011 was an interesting year. Little Joey lost his first baby tooth--he cried and cried and cried until I smacked him on the behind and told him to be a big boy. John lost his job--he cried and cried and cried until he finished that bottle of Jim Beam whiskey and smacked me on the head with a lamp. We laughed about it all the way back from the ER. Mom had part of her necrotic bowel removed and is not doing well, but she loves to watch "One Tree Hill" on cable while she waits for someone to change her colostomy bag... I hope that your family is doing as well as ours! Have a Happy Holiday!"

EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Crash! Didn't need to put my Christmas letter out there word for word for everyone! Jeez!!

Hate to admit it.....I include those letters. Really!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The eyes on me. I look like a friggin' panda  -
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Crash- I friggin' HATE those letters too. My friend used to put them in her cards every year until enough people (including me) complained and said they were stupid. She just wants to make it look like she and her husband and kids are soooo perfect in their perfect mini-mansion in their perfect neighborhood with stop signs and sidewalks and no strangers allowed. Grrrr. I hate those neighborhoods. Anyhoo, her letters could not be any farther from the truth- her kids are spoiled brats and the older one is like demon spawn. She and her husband are having money troubles (oh- boo-hoo- so you bought a house and three cars that you can't afford!) and they are up to their eyeballs in debt. Omg, I could go on and on.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Same to you [Smile]
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home