iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Where in Scotland are you from?

Hey i'm about 9 miles outside Glasgow
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
quote:

I still not 100% sure but I think my family name is Swedish. I have been told by people it is but then again I have been told it's German too. My family has been in Australia for a number of generations so it's hard to say.

Have you tried to search the answer?
Usually it´s pretty easy to tell if a last name is swedish or german
but of course i don´t know this particular case.

Yeah I've tried but it doesn't yield a distinctive result. Thanks for getting back. I'll PM you my last name. I just thought considering you were from Finland you might be able to tell.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:
quote:

Cool. Just last year I was living in Edinburgh for a while. My mate lives there permanently now. Scotland's a beautiful place.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:
quote:

Cool. Just last year I was living in Edinburgh for a while. My mate lives there permanently now. Scotland's a beautiful place.
Some parts are lovely up north, some are not not too keen on where we are seems to be an increasing crime rate!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Definitely a good place for adventure though. I didn't have a car when I was there but it would be cool to drive all over that place. Out in the country into the highlands and stuff.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
My husband went up to Ullapool and Stornaway last summer on the motorbike i havent been up as far as that probably the furthest ive been is Oban cold up there but lovely
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It'd be freakin freeezin on the motorbike.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Lots of thermals lol there was still snow up there in June!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
"God I'm bored. God I am bored. Travel Scrabble anyone?"
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
After 16 long years we now have the cup again!

-

And the whole nation goes crazy...

-

Well, the team Finland came home and you can see the Helsinki marketplace here.
100,000 people celebrating. Huge stuff.

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wholly ****. That's a lot of people.

It's the stroke of midnight.

Happy 30th to Lomax. Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a beautiful sight!
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone explain to me why people feel that it is their privelage to behave in the most absolutely rudest way at the grocery store? I was waiting in line patiently as the woman in front of me was getting rung up and then paying. The woman behind me, who had an infant and two small children with her, started to load up the conveyor belt with her groceries and each time she put more stuff on the belt, she shoved me. I finally told her "I can't move up any further- that woman is still getting rung up and paying." The woman behind me was also on welfare and also had those checks from WIC for free groceries. She had them lined up on the conveyor belt with each item. Anyhoo, then she says "I'm gonna flip the **** out!" right in front of her small children! All because I told her to quit shoving me and I could not move up any further until the woman in front of me left!
I am getting to the point where I just dread going to the grocery store because of all of the rude people I encounter there! People are always trying to skip the line. You know what- If I see someone has fewer items than me, I usually tell them to go in front of me. But I don't like when people assume that "I'm not in line". Last week I had a woman ask me if I was in line- YES-can't you see I'm standing behind the man who is being rung up and there is also a woman in line behind me! Don't be rude! Aaaahh! I just needed to vent.

Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know how you feel. People are morons.

I'll quote Schulz here: "I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That quote is so true for me!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you PGH-girl. There is NO courtesy anymore. Before I even got to the line in your story, I just knew that she was someone who was getting free groceries--and she was. I was in the grocery store on Saturday, and a couple of the check-out gals told me that earlier the store stank. You see, someone was trying to steal meat by taking the price tag off. Well, apparently they couldn't get the tag completely off and had punched holes in the plastic wrap, so they just stuck the container behind some canned goods to rot. So typical of our society here in the 21st Century...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys ever go into the restroom in any of those places and see anybody bathing themselves. it is quite a scene let me tell ya.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. That would be in any restroom at a rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is a very strange world we got here
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Trapped in a world I didn't create...
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
But you'll go through it as if you did. Right?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yepper. [Smile] According to some folks here in the U.S. and billboards that I see, tomorrow, Saturday, May 21, 2011, is the end of the world. Since I don't expect to be Raptured, I plan to join friends and loot some stereo equipment and HiDef 3D TVs. [Smile]

Seriously, I don't want to denigrate anyone's religious beliefs, but it's already May 21 in some parts of the word, and I haven't seen any horsemen of the Apocalypse. Do these seers mean May 21, Eastern Daylight Savings Time? Greenwich Mean Time? If that's it, I need to get my crowbar and board with nails in it ready. ROFL

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Crash, it's Saturday here in OZ, and I would hate to break it to ya but the four horseman are on my front lawn playing Travel Scrabble.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
ROFL!!! Travel Scrabble! That 65-inch Sony with Google TV will soon be mine!
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
crash, if its may 21 then the mayans were completly wrong and the movie 2012 would be absurd. ah, 2013 i will probably still think 2012 is absurd.
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home