iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was 16 - 21 I could get completely hammered and be up all night. Then get about 3 hours sleep and wake up fresh as a daisy and be ready to go again. Now if I pull an allnighter on the booze I am in bed for 2 days (It's pathetic).
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like me.... yeah, it's sad. But hey, we all get old!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent had a beer in years. i used to be able to hammer through a case pretty good, i think i would be lucky to do a whole six pack by myself now.

at the height of my drinking i did 3/4 of a bottle of wild turkey in one setting. i couldnt even put my shoes on and ended up blacking out.

not good to do that on a consistant basis

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink at all anymore but I remember, me and an army buddy polishing off 3 litres of Wild Turkey over night and into the next day. Hangover=Extreme.

I just thought it was worth mentioning that a great
(hopefully) Australian movie is coming out called Snowtown. All based on the real life serial killings which occurred not that far from where I live between 1992 and 1999. Mind you these people are from the wrong side of the tracks.

Here is the official trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJY6X8utM8A

I think it comes out around mid May.

[ 04. May 2011, 19:54: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drunkest--and sickest--I ever got was on a bottle of Yukon Jack. There's a reason why they call it the black sheep of Canada...

500 posts!

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok Crash, the next 500 have to revolve around slandering The Facts of Life.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crash, you did an entire bottle of yukon jack!

how did you get past the first sip? that is some of the wickedest stuff ever made next to old gran dad.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I did drink a bottle of Yukon.
2. I got past the first sip because I am pretty sure that I was already half-loaded on something else.
3. The Facts of Life still sucks, whether I say it in one post or 500.

[Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
2. Yes, that used to be my secret. Get loaded on something nice like Jack Daniels and coke and then after that you'll down just about anything. I am actually not familiar with Yukon Jack, but even the name doesn't sound terribly appealing.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a wine oclock gal couldnt deal with my 3 brats if i didnt get my wee bottle of wine couple of times a week lol
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got pretty hammered up last night, but not to the point where I'd be sick. And I never mix- I only stick to one type of drink.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I never mix- I only stick to one type of drink.
Where were you when I was a teenager? Oceans of vomit...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lmao Logan, I didn't always follow my own advice as a teenager! I've learned my lesson though. After drinking too many shots of cinnamon schnapps and beer- yuck!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my 20's I pretty much did it all, in regards to booze....never drugs. I got hammered quite often, slept it off, and did it again! I have a beer or two now in moderation. Never hard alcohol anymore at all. Yes, I am getting old, but wise!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I used to puff on the magic dragon a fair bit but have not touched it in about 7 years.

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs at all anymore. It's all bad news.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Yes, I am getting old, but wise!

This reminds me of the classic 1989 Gang Green album [Smile]

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i like peach schnapps pretty well
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I've lost 14 lbs. so far on my diet/exercise regimen. I am just doing exercise videos, because our weather has been so bad here (nonstop rain through all of April and most of May so far) that I can't go outside to walk. I have cut back on the booze, and when I do drink, I try to stick with vodka and club soda or diet cranberry and seltzer.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 16 long years we now have the cup again!

-

And the whole nation goes crazy...

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
"When Cameron was in Egypt's land, let my Cameron go!"
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bernie, you must understand that this is almost like winning the soccer world cup to us.
And it was the greatest rival, Sweden which we beat in the final.

Love the Ferris quote though [Cool]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was just throwing in stuff. It wasn't anything to do with the victory. Very well done. By the looks of the photo people are going mental. Us Aussies don't know anything about hockey, but you're lucky I know about the world cup football which yes everyone here calls soccer. Most people here play some ridiculous football game called Aussie Rules which IMO totally sucks. I have always been big into the football / soccer though.

I still not 100% sure but I think my family name is Swedish. I have been told by people it is but then again I have been told it's German too. My family has been in Australia for a number of generations so it's hard to say.

I had just got out of bed so I thought the Ferris quote was fitting.

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo a week till we go on holiday yipee! talking about sports totally sick of Footie my boys team lost the league yesterday so it was misery all day bah!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Where in Scotland are you from?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

I still not 100% sure but I think my family name is Swedish. I have been told by people it is but then again I have been told it's German too. My family has been in Australia for a number of generations so it's hard to say.

Have you tried to search the answer?
Usually it´s pretty easy to tell if a last name is swedish or german
but of course i don´t know this particular case.

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home