iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on who you buy it from, they will mark it as a gift. You're allowed up to £36 as a gift. Nice vendors will value it under that and label it 'gift'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all just back from Greece had a good time a little bit darker and covered in mosi bites oh and a year older!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get a year older going to Greece? Not going there [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greece was for my big birthday 30!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for some advice here. I am seriously getting tired of the runaround from my "friends". I call them, ask them to do stuff, yet they never return calls. One friend who has done so much stuff with me and the hubby over the past 15 years, like going to concerts, parties, and our camp, blew me off. She got tickets to go to see Rob Zombie in our hometown, yet never even thought of inviting me and my hubby. She is going with some other people that I know, and it's not like we don't get along,because the one girl worked with me and bartended for my wedding reception and is a great person. I am seriously getting upset/depressed. I don't understand what I need to do to get people to communicate with me. Or what it is that I am doing wrong. I don't come off all needy either- I will call you once and wait for a return call. None of this calling 10 times over and over (I had friend do that to me when I was sick wiht the flu and I already told her I couldn't go to a party with her). I don't even know how to make any new friends where I live now. I tried with one girl who used to live about 2 blocks from me, but she turned out to be an anorexic/bulimic nutcase who was only concerned about herself or what I was eating! I don't have any children, so people with children shy away. I had another friend that I met through our business and we used to hang out with her and her husband once in a while, but ever since she had her baby, she never returns my calls, so I just gave up.
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I am looking for some advice here. I am seriously getting tired of the runaround from my "friends". I call them, ask them to do stuff, yet they never return calls.

Were you saying something?... [Razz] [Smile]

But seriously, people are just pulled in so many different directions all at once these days. Its like spinning plates on a pole. I kind of know where you're coming from and sometimes find myself on both sides of that coin: The not communicating and not being communicated with.

e-mail protocol is still odd, when do you stop replying, should you ever leave a question unanswered? and so on.

Think of us as your friends, "I mean I consider you guys my friends...I'm not wrong am I?"

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have really busy lives now. Everyone is stressed out with their own problems, be it money, family, employment etc...
Speaking for myself, I like to spend my private time with people I like, who make me feel relaxed and loved. I don't have time anymore for "friends" who only want something from you, or who take advantage of you, or are only friends with you because of what you can do for them.
In the past few years, I've consiously made the decision to leave behind many people I thought were my friends, but who no longer meet my definition of the word. I now have a much smaller group of friends, but it's much more rewarding because I now have the chance to know them more intimately.
Friends have to have a mutual respect for each other, perhaps there was an imbalance in your old friendships?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
I seem to have the similar problem everytime i meet a new friend they turn out to be complete loonys lol you wouldnt believe the bad luck ive had! it kinda puts me off trying so i just hang with the hubby and his pals you know where you are with them no pretence just straight up bikers havin a laugh havin galpals is too much bother lol!!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amaranth, I'm pretty much the same way now too. I love hanging with my husband and his buddies. We have so much fun, poking fun at each other!
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Oh, btw, I did confront my friend on why she would buy tickets to see Rob Zombie, but not even call me to see if me and the hubby wanted to go, after all of the shows that I had taken her to. And I am always the one who orders the tickets. I didn't even know about the show until I saw her post something about it on one of her other friends profile on Facebook. Anyhoo, she did not see why I was so bent out of shape. I said it was just the fact that she didn't even think about my hubby and I. She said I had no right to get bent out of shape. And that I had gone to all of these other shows without her. I told her to name them. Well, one was a show with Breaking Benjamin (I don't evn like them) and Godsmack. A friend had bought the tickets to take another one of her friends for her birthday, but that girl couldn't go, so she asked if I wanted to go. That was that. Ugh, I am still so mad. And I do feel as though I have the right to be mad, yet she says no. Why is it that any time I get mad about something that someone has done to me, they turn it around and blame me? And they never freaking apologize either! I always apologize if it is a good friend and I am wrong about something!
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Yeah i totally get it i do loades of things for other people so called friends , help them out with cash, feed them etc and no one ever returns the favour sometimes we can be too nice so ive adopted the dont care factor lol makes me sooo angry the time ive wasted with certain people!
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off for my first job interview in 20 years this afternoon can't believe how nervous i am about it.
It's strange i have worked at the same place since i left school and cant get my head round what a big culture shock it will be if i get this job.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
Off for my first job interview in 20 years this afternoon can't believe how nervous i am about it.
It's strange i have worked at the same place since i left school and cant get my head round what a big culture shock it will be if i get this job.

Good luck with the interview! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mike, i know that nervous feeling... but the best of luck to you. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you got in here, rocks?
Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for the support guys,interview went fine now just have to wait and hear but can you believe it lasted 4 hours.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Im all excited my hubby just bought a Honda goldwing aspencade 1200 in blue hes picking it up at weekend going to be a sweet bumpy free ride from now on woohoo!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dreamt about being on here last night [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, I'm not sure there's an appropriate response to that.

Not one that I, as a non-psychiatrist, is qualified to give anyway......

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oi!  -
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well after a second interview i have been offered the job,so looks like big changes ahead for me.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Congrats Mike on the new job! I hate interviews- I always get so nervous I can barely talk.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for that,now i start work at 8.30am on Monday the 11th so expect i will get more nervous the time.
The thing is i have worked for myself for 12 years so will be a bit of a culture shock.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
All the best Mike [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who gives a **** about Lindsay Lohan? Sorry just another spoiled celebrity train wreck whose had every chance in the world to clean up yet keeps screwing up. It's funny how some people expect the justice system to show pity. I knew a friend's brother with a drug problem and he got prison time the first time. Sorry had to vent lol.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home