iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The say ALMOST anything thread ! (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The say ALMOST anything thread !
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont you hate it when really drunk people call u
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:

YES!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless ur drunk too after a nice pinot grigio and a little half vodka
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Unless ur drunk too after a nice pinot grigio and a little half vodka
Are you drunk posting?!

Banned!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont drink and post - it costs lives!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Simoneer   Author's Homepage   Email Simoneer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want the Nintendo 3DS. And I want it now.
Posts: 56 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:

I've got a drunken nephew who keeps calling both our home phones and cell phones, yet he doesn't leave a message. He probably wants some money. Too bad, I'm not a loan shark buddy!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Simoneer   Author's Homepage   Email Simoneer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Opeth's Hessian Peel sure is beautiful.
Posts: 56 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why but i felt like i had to write this down somewhere,over the weekend a relative of mine passed away.Now i had not seen her for a long time because she had altzeimers and could not remember or communicate with us in any way,and being selfish i didn't want to remember her that way.But now it has happened i just feel guilty that i should of done more or been there more,when we were kids my auntie put up with all of us hanging around and her house was almost an extension of our own.
If we got in trouble or had an argument at home we nearly always ended up there at some point.
Maybe it's the whole mortality thing i lost my mum 14 years ago when i was 22 all but one of my Grandparents are gone,suppose it is just part of growing older yourself.
Thanks for letting me write this and hope i don't put you on a downer.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sincere condolences Mike.

I somehow understand that you're feeling guilty. I guess that's only normal. But then - sadly enough - she probably wouldn't have had any recollection of your visits.
There's absolutely no shame in what you did (or not did). This brave post alone shows how much you loved her and how special you think she was.
Not everyone deals with these situations the same way.
I probably would've done the same. Because I rather remember the good times of the persons you lose.

Take care..

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear Mike.
I have two grandparents alive, both very old and i know that i should visit them more often.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the support guys,and i think what aTomik says is right.We should all maybe make more time for those around us,but of course with most peoples busy lives we keep putting things off till tomorrow when in the end we don't know how many tomorrows we have.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
oh what beautiful weather were having up here in scotland for a change
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, Mike.
I was never close to any of my aunts, but I do miss my Grandparents. I wish I could have spent more time with my father's Mother, but my Mother hated her, so our time together was limited. I'm sure she knows that I miss her and wish I could have spent more time with her.
Hope you feel better, Mike, getting things off your chest.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Condolences, Mike.

All you can do in life is try and love the people close to you, and let them know you care. There just isn't time in the modern world to do much else (unless you're rich). Alzheimer's robs people of their memories, which is what makes it so tragic. Aging is a part of life, but the hope that you have good memories to cling to is what makes it bearable. I'll bet if she'd known what was going to happen, she wouldn't have wanted people to see her that way. So the best you can do is remember her the way she was and smile.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

It turns out that my drunken nephew's wife if pregnant, which was why he was calling. They have been try IVF for a few years. Now I'm sure they will be sending me an invitation to a baby shower 1500 miles away, that I'm going to be obligated to send a gift for. Yay. More gifts to buy.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
At least he isn't after a loan though.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other news...

I see that Australia has just elected, for the first time, a female Prime Minister.

News story:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/23/australia.prime.minister/index.html?hpt=T2

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
Australia hasn't elected a female Prime Minister the Labour party has elected her,will be interesting to see what the Aussie public make of it when they go to the polls.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was under the impression that Aus policy was determined by certain female-lead agenda groups anyway.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
At least he isn't after a loan though.

Mike, he was hinting around for the past year or so, complaining about not having a child and how expensive the in-vitro was. Blah, blah, blah. I can't have kids, yet I am just fine. He has already stated that he thinks we should leave him everything when we die. That is not gonna happen. We are thinking about leaving everything in a trust to the local Volunteer Fire Department. I would much rather my money go toward paying for equipement and necessities for the firemen and women than go to a bratty spoiled nephew.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
schools out for the summer 7 wks of nagging from the kids arrrrrrhh
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a female prime minister AND a president here in Finland
so welcome to the club Australia!!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Have a fun weekend everyone!!

Trale Lewous - Tasty Town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nAbvuvMY0

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say "Hi" to our newest member: Acne Treatment???
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home